VOLUME OF DOCUMENTS ON ALFRESCO APPLICATION

blueflame....@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2017, 12:45:29 PM1/10/17
to Alfresco Technical Discussion
Good Evening All,

Is it possible to know the volume of documents uploaded to the Alfresco application at any given time and if it is please how do i go about it.

Thanks and BR,

Ejike

Younes REGAIEG

Jan 11, 2017, 7:29:47 AM1/11/17
to Alfresco Technical Discussion
Hey Ejike,

Did you check the DB query from this link : http://blog.dbi-services.com/alfresco-some-useful-database-queries/ ?

-- Younes

blueflame....@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2017, 12:26:20 PM1/11/17
to Alfresco Technical Discussion
Thanks Younes.

Will do and give feedback.

blueflame....@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2017, 4:25:34 AM1/12/17
to Alfresco Technical Discussion
Good day Younes,

Please Where do I have to put the sql queries? or can you give me a step by step approach as to where i can run the sql queries.

I know you need to execute them on the DB directly but how do i go about this and where do i extract the generated results?

Expecting your kind response.

Regards,

Younes REGAIEG

Jan 12, 2017, 5:04:16 AM1/12/17
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
Morning,

Depending on your DB, you may need to use a different client (mysql, psql, pg_admin...).
The steps for installing and using such a utility may differ from one OS to an other. You will probably need to ask google on how to do it on your own infrastructure.
Just one tip: make sure that you have access to the DB from the host you are running the client on (might need tweaking of pg_hba.conf or other config file depending on your db). But you can go safe and use the alfresco host to connect to the database and execute your query.

If you are interested I can provide a tool that we developed internally (care4alf), and are willing to share it for free. This addon will give you the possibility to evaluate SQL queries directly from a web interface (along with around 40 other cool features); But it needs to be installed as a dynamic extension https://github.com/laurentvdl/dynamic-extensions-for-alfresco/releases . Are you interested in giving it a run and providing some feedback about it ?

Regards,
Younes

sujay pillai

Jan 12, 2017, 5:14:35 AM1/12/17
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
** If you are using the default postgres provided by alfresco

Then the other option would be to navigate to your alfresco installation folder and you may find "postgres" and navigate to bin folder and execute -

./psql -U alfresco -d alfresco   [the password would be the same as in alf-global.properties]

Regards,
Sujay Pillai