splitting an archive with pyAlembic

Shyal Beardsley

Jul 31, 2014, 9:10:14 AM7/31/14
to alembic-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm trying to extract animated nodes from an archive, and save them out into a separate archive.

How would you split an archive with pyAlembic?

Say an archive that contains 2 xforms with samples, with 1 mesh under each xform, potentially also containing animated samples.

top

 xform1 -> polymesh1

 xform2 -> polymesh2

Let's say I just want to extract xform1 -> polymesh1 from the archive.

I know how to go over the entire hierarchy, and recreate the xforms and poly meshs in an oarchive, as I encounter those nodes, and recreate all their samples while copying the values from the other etc.

But that sounds like a very long-winded way to go about it. Is there an easier method?

Regards,

Shyal

Ryan Galloway

Jul 31, 2014, 12:04:44 PM7/31/14
to alembic-d...@googlegroups.com

This sounds like a potential use case for cask, a higher level wrapper for PyAlembic:

Extracting objects should be straight-forward:

Another example from the unit tests:

FYI, I have a couple of bug fixes since the last release (1.5.5) here:

Ryan

Shyal Beardsley

Aug 7, 2014, 12:29:59 PM8/7/14
to alembic-d...@googlegroups.com