Firmware images

Martin Guy

Oct 12, 2013, 6:00:04 AM10/12/13
to alcor6l
Cheers, and welcome to our first out-of-the-blue subscriber to the list!

"No answer" came the loud reply!

On another topic, Raman, can you publish the corresponding firmware
images compiled for other target boards (and maybe update the existing
ones for Mizar32)?

I'll rename the existing images in simplemachines.it/downloads/Alcor6L
to alcor6l_*_20131005.bla and make symlinks from the dateless names,
so you can just follow the same scheme. I assume you have a script
that compiles all the variants for all supported devices...

Furthermore, an electronics site, elettronica opensource is soliciting
SimpleMachines for a sketch of an article on the open hardware aspects
of Mizar32, and they have received a deluxe Mizar32 kit to play with
and 4 manuals. For me, they could base the article on the intro to the
Quick Start Guide... but I wonder, should we mention Alcor6L too and
say at what point it is currently?

Thanks and bless

Raman Gopalan

Oct 15, 2013, 5:11:35 AM10/15/13
to Martin Guy, alcor6l

Dear Martin,

> On another topic, Raman, can you publish the corresponding firmware
> images compiled for other target boards (and maybe update the existing
> ones for Mizar32)?

No problem. I can do this. It has been a while since I played with the other
boards. I've been mostly working with Mizar32 A. I'll do the build, verify
and gather the binaries for the other targets/boards.

> I'll rename the existing images in simplemachines.it/downloads/Alcor6L
> to alcor6l_*_20131005.bla and make symlinks from the dateless names,
> so you can just follow the same scheme. I assume you have a script
> that compiles all the variants for all supported devices...

Ok. No problem.

> Furthermore, an electronics site, elettronica opensource is soliciting
> SimpleMachines for a sketch of an article on the open hardware aspects
> of Mizar32, and they have received a deluxe Mizar32 kit to play with

Wow! Very exciting news. Thank you for the information Martin. I tried
visiting the website but unfortunately, all the text is in Italian and I wasn't
able to switch to English. Is this available on the website?

> and 4 manuals. For me, they could base the article on the intro to the
> Quick Start Guide... but I wonder, should we mention Alcor6L too and
> say at what point it is currently?

Sure, we certainly could. If this encourages/motivates people to clone/fork
Alcor6L, why not? Either way, the article will introduce more people to
SimpleMachines, Mizar32 and bare metal adventure. That's still some
victory and it makes me happy :)

Best,
Raman

Martin Guy

Oct 15, 2013, 9:21:51 AM10/15/13
to Raman Gopalan, alcor6l
On 15/10/2013, Raman Gopalan <ramang...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Furthermore, an electronics site, elettronica opensource is soliciting
>> SimpleMachines for a sketch of an article on the open hardware aspects
>> of Mizar32, and they have received a deluxe Mizar32 kit to play with
>
> Wow! Very exciting news. Thank you for the information Martin. I tried
> visiting the website but unfortunately, all the text is in Italian and I
> wasn't
> able to switch to English. Is this available on the website?

Just this:
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=it&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fit.emcelettronica.com