Did something break the installer?

Jackie Becton

Jul 7, 2015, 5:03:50 PM7/7/15
to alche...@googlegroups.com

Last week I used the installer to successfully build something. This week it's throwing an error when I run

alchemy new my_magicpage

To get to this point I just created a rvm gemset and ran
gem install alchemy_cms --pre

I'm not sure what could be causing it. I noticed that when I went into the app it created, the engine isn't mounted in the routes and it's using the gem 'alchemy-devise', github: 'AlchemyCMS/alchemy-devise', branch: 'master' gem instead of the 3.2-stable branch that I was previously told to use that works in my application from last week.

Any help would be supremely useful. It was just working last week.

Thomas von Deyen

Jul 8, 2015, 2:20:09 AM7/8/15
to alche...@googlegroups.com
The installer is packed into the gem that's published on Rubygems.
This version is not fixed yet, sorry.

You can always install Alchemy w/o the installer:

Just create Rails app with:

    rails new

Then add alchemy_cms and alchemy-devise gems to your Gemfile and run:

    bundle install

Finally run the install tasks manually:

    rake alchemy:install
    rails g alchemy:devise:install