Add a new locale

Nuno Brito

May 30, 2015, 4:18:23 AM5/30/15
to alche...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
I am experimenting and finding the alchemy cms engine great for user content management.
However I am struggling to find a way to add a new locale: Portuguese
I created the yml file and I can get the translations working, by selecting the locale editing the URL GET.
But how do I add the new locale to the admin select combobox on the right corner?
Thank you for your help.
Using gem: AlchemyCMS: '3.2.0.beta'
Thank you all

Дмитрий Цветков

May 30, 2015, 6:48:42 AM5/30/15
to alche...@googlegroups.com
Hello!
To specify locales in the admin select panel you can create initializer (e.g. alchemy_locales.rb) with something like this:
Alchemy::I18n.available_locales = [:en, :ru, :de, :pt]

Robin Böning

May 30, 2015, 7:35:30 PM5/30/15
to alche...@googlegroups.com
If you consider translating the alchemy admin into Portuguese it would be so nice if you send a pull request of the translation.

If you need help do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks
Robin

Thomas von Deyen

May 31, 2015, 12:10:46 PM5/31/15
to alche...@googlegroups.com
Yes! A Portuguese translation would be very great.

Also the code for retrieving the available locales could be changed to also include alchemy locale files from the app's locale folder. Currently it only looks for files in the alchemy gem folder.

Best,
Thomas

Nuno Brito

Jun 1, 2015, 5:21:51 AM6/1/15
to alche...@googlegroups.com
Awesone Дмитрий Цветков,
It works fine.
Thank you :)

Nuno Brito

Jun 4, 2015, 3:54:14 AM6/4/15
to alche...@googlegroups.com
Ok,
I tried to upload the file but there is some error on the upload tool of the forum.
Please pull it yourself. I am a GIT begginer and I am a bit busy at the moment to do it. thank you.
I have one question...
The tinymce editor is looking for a PT js file.
I already downloaded the translation from the tinymce website, but I don't know where to put it.
I tried to put on app/assets/tinymce/langs/pt.js in the hope that the assets precompilation would put the file on the right place on the server. but it doesn't!
So, what is the solution for this?
Thank you for your help and awesome work,
Nuno

Nuno Brito

Jun 4, 2015, 4:04:01 AM6/4/15
to alche...@googlegroups.com
I managed to put the tinymce PT language.  I placed on the wrong place. now it is working: app/assets/javascripts/tinymce/langs/pt.js
thank you all and please pull the PT language pasted blow for me.
Thank you

Thomas von Deyen

Jun 5, 2015, 5:31:17 AM6/5/15
to alche...@googlegroups.com
Since we all work for Alchemy on a volunteer basis and also have our day jobs, it would be very much appreciated if you would send us a pull request via GitHub.

Thanks.

Thomas