Reminder: This Thursday Albany Clothing Swap and Fabric Fix-it Clinic

Pam Tellew

Jan 21, 2015, 1:28:02 PM1/21/15
to alba...@yahoogroups.com, albany-c...@googlegroups.com, Ordway...@yahoogroups.com

In conjunction with Albany's Winter Clothing Swap, we're also having a Fabric Fix-it Clinic.  You can repair beloved clothing or find something new-to-you in the clothing swap and alter it to make it work for you!  Here are the details!

Clothing swap:  As usual, bring clean, usable clothing items you no longer want and take home items that others are done with.

Fabric Fix-it:  Bring any fabric items you want to mend, sewing notions to use or share, and, if you wish, your working or non-working sewing machine (get help assessing, tuning, and possibly repairing it!).

We'll provide sewing tips for you to get the most out of your machine along with specialty tools, and guidance to help you disassemble and troubleshoot your item if necessary.

WHEN:  Thursday, Jan 22, 2015 7:30PM
WHERE: Albany Community Center, 1249 Marin Avenue, Albany, CA
http://www.albanyca.org
HOW:      Bring:
  • clothing you want to repair or swap
  • your sewing machine if you have one (we'll have a few to use)
  • accessories and tools you already own that might be helpful (e.g.
  • phillips head screwdriver)
  • any knowledge or advance research you've done on the issue
Walk-ins always welcome but please register in advance here: http://goo.gl/qTzh9J
COST:   Free!
WHY:     To make friends, learn how to sew, and have fun!

www.fixitclinic.org

WANNA HELP OTHERS at Fixit Clinic? Email fixit...@gmail.com