FW: IBC Totes as Rain barrels

Tony Wolcott

Jan 29, 2015, 2:54:54 PM1/29/15
to Catherine Sutton, albany-c...@googlegroups.com, Alexa Hauser

Nutiva is considering donating IBC Totes, 275 Gallon Caged Water Tank. See link below. There is no number of totes, no date of arrival, but I am sure that people would be interested in these. I will have to limit one per Albany resident to start with, sorry for out of boundary folks but my time and pick up vehicles are paid by City of Albany. Will keep you posted.

As well I still have many 55 gallon steel drums available for anyone interested.

Tony Wolcott

City of Albany Urban Forester

Board Certified Master Arborist

ISA#WE3284B

PH: (510) 559-4275

Fax: (510) 524-9722

e-mail: twol...@albanyca.org

Hi Tony,

We have a number of IBC Totes we would like to donate to the city of Albany if you’re interested. They are IBC Totes (as shown in the link below). What do you think? Look like great rain barrels to me.

http://www.plastic-mart.com/product/9189/275-gallon-re-bottled-ibc-tote-ce-275tote?gclid=Cj0KEQiA0aemBRC8p87zv_mc5qYBEiQAiEEMQS-3eZgDXSzlh7yUOPN5E14kS3lHjZAi740eSeinc7caAsm38P8HAQ

Best,

Max Scher

Sustainability Analyst

cid:1E91040C-AD64-48E9-8BA6-7FE7E2AA5080

Organic Hemp, Coconut,

Chia & Red Palm Superfoods

www.nutiva.com | Facebook.com/Nutiva

510-323-2366 | ma...@nutiva.com

R. Konoff

Jan 29, 2015, 3:05:45 PM1/29/15
to albany-c...@googlegroups.com
While nice in theory, not sure where I would put such a large container. but I might be interested in another 55 gal barrel or two.  Do you have a pick-up date planned for those, or is it by appointment? Now, if we could just get some rain!

Ruth

Jan 29, 2015, 3:06:37 PM1/29/15
to albany-c...@googlegroups.com

By appointment Ruth, any time today- call 455-1875

Scott McAfee

Jan 29, 2015, 4:28:04 PM1/29/15
to albany-c...@googlegroups.com, Catherine Sutton, Alexa Hauser
Free is a great price for these.  We paid much more than that off of Craigslist, had to haul it from Richmond, and clean the residual soy lecithin out of it (sticky stuff).
Ours is set up to collect rainwater from the gutters, and uses a Harbor Freight booster pump to add enough pressure for a hose with a garden sprayer attachment.  A good storm can fill ours up, and we've had it in service a number of years now.

I'll take some pictures if people are interested.

-Scott

Tony Wolcott

Jan 29, 2015, 5:42:08 PM1/29/15
to albany-c...@googlegroups.com

Yes Scott, a photo would be useful, does it have a way of draining at the bottom, and easy fill on the top?  -Tony