More Comment

Norm Olson

Jun 8, 2015, 10:05:34 PM6/8/15
to alaska-citi...@googlegroups.com
Darcy McCaughey I also believe the answer lies in the courtroom and legislative floor. Laws need to change, punishments need to be harsher. 3 strikes need to encompass more drug/theft related crimes. More rehabilitation offered possibly?? I'm not necessarily against what a LESA would offer but I certainly don't kid myself that it's a fix all. I would assume that even those who are championing the ordinance don't kid themselves that it's a cure. Rather a step in a direction of change. And we do need change. The current way obviously isn't working. Asking any of the 400 community members that showed up at the original "town hall" meeting if they are happy/confident in the current way things are going. Obviously nobody but the repeat offenders like the current system.

Avast logo

Norm Olson

Jun 8, 2015, 10:31:39 PM6/8/15
to alaska-citi...@googlegroups.com
It's abundantly clear that the plan to establish a police department in Nikiski is not a done deal.
The window of opportunity is open to anyone who has an alternative plan to not only expound
on it, but to implement and demonstrate that it is viable.

Everyone I've talked to has reservations and misgivings--not that a police department would be
helpful, but that there are aspects that might not be seen.

It would be VERY helpful if an alternative to a  community police force were shown to work.

Here's our chance to show the community that some other way may be better than a
police force.    If no one steps up, we will get what we deserve because we've done nothing
else.

At this time, a police force is a "final option."  Do nothing and wait for it, or get to work to
show the community that there are options.

To post send email to alaska-citi...@googlegroups.com

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Alaska Citizens Militia" group.