How it works

ray southwell

Jun 22, 2015, 6:57:47 PM6/22/15
to Second Amendment
Fear, fear and more fear.
I was just pulled over by a State Trooper on the Kenai Spur just north of South Miller loop.
I only roll my window down 1 ½ inches when interacting with the police.
As the officer came up to my window I stated , I want you to know I am armed and pointed to my left side of my chest and hip. He said give me your firearm. I said no it will remain in my holster. I asked why he pulled me over and he said you did not come to a complete stop on Miller Loop. He repeated his demand to give him my firearm and I continued to refuse. He then asked me if I wanted to go to jail? He also demanded I roll down my window. I refused. I had already taken my license out of my wallet before he arrived at my window. I then told him I was reaching for my registration and proof of insurance and gave them to him through the 1 ½ inch opened window.
The dialog continued concerning the window and firearm. He eventually went back to his car. I waited almost an hour. Expecting the troopers to show up and break into my car and arrest me. I kept my hands on the steering wheel or my head. Never moving my body, knowing this young office could kill me if I made the wrong move. The heat was getting to me in the enclosed car. But if I started my car what would the officer do. If I rolled down the window how fast could he come after me.

Finally the trooper came back and gave me the ticket. He gave me an explanation on why he pulled me over and I told him I would see him in Court. He also told me I gave him the incorrect vehicle registration. I apologized and gave him the correct one. He acknowledged the second one was correct.

During this second encounter he turned on a recorder to document the conversation though the window. He kept repeating to me how I must obey his order to disarm. I disagreed every time he stated his beliefs. I wonder what is the risk of being killed by a police officer when you pull your gun from its holster?

In the end, he told me he was not going to do anything, this time, concerning my refusal to disarm. But he said next time a Trooper orders me to disarm and I refuse, they will arrest me.

ray southwell

Sep 25, 2015, 12:40:12 PM9/25/15
to Second Amendment
I re-post my comments concerning my ticket from June. Trial was yesterday. The judge refused my request for a jury trial. He told me I could always appeal his decision. It is my beliefe the trooper made an error in his observation. I demonstrated in court other errors the trooper made in his documentation surrounding our encounter. It did not matter I lost the case.

There were two objectives surrounding the case. The error the trooper made and the troopers understanding I will not be intimidated by their bullying behavior. I failed the first but believe I succeed with the second.

There were 5 troopers in the court room revolving 10 tickets written. After my trial I followed the Trooper, in my case, and attempted to get his attention by calling out his name. I was about 2 feet behind him. He ignored me or did not hear me. I touched his elbow gently to get his attention. He jerked his arm back and turned around and stepped back. You could see the anger in his face directed towards me. Apparently he did not like my questions during the trial challenging his poor documentation. The Judge did commend me on my “professional” presentation.

My objective was to talk with him (in this safe Courtroom) about his desire to disarm me during a traffic stop. I told him next time “do not to threaten me.” Just write me a ticket for not following your commands and lets take it through the court system. I encouraged him to read the fourteenth Amendment and see how it relates to the law he thinks I must obey. I told him, I understand he spends most of his time working in Nikiski and that we should be on the same side working together. I repeated “Do not threaten violence towards me.”

The trooper made no comment to me. Neither did the other troopers standing nearby.
Ray

Justin Wirth

Sep 25, 2015, 2:38:08 PM9/25/15
to alaska-citi...@googlegroups.com
I have noticed the troopers will attempt to disarm people or just plain take their firearms any time they can, even without justification. It's just weird to me. This I'd Alaska. Why are cops so gun paranoid?

Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 16:38:01 +0000
From: alaska-citi...@googlegroups.com
To: alaska-citi...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [AlaskaCitizensMilitia] Fw: How it works
To post send email to alaska-citi...@googlegroups.com

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Alaska Citizens Militia" group.

southcentr...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2015, 5:47:59 PM9/25/15
to alaska-citi...@googlegroups.com
I've never seen this with ast in the valley odd why it occars in the kenai area maybe because they deal with so many from out of town during fishing season,,,,or maybe its the water

Sent from my iPhone