Fw: Fwd: meetings

ray southwell

Jun 17, 2015, 10:20:10 AM6/17/15
to Second Amendment
I forward this message, from Norm to me, showing the marketing plan by those who refuse open debate on the issues of Nikiski' police department. This e-mail is from Ann who refuses to allow me to discuss all options to solve Nikiski's drug problem. She controls the Nikiski Community Action Group Closed Facebook site. Like all politicians and bureaucrats they have the answers. Send them your money and they will take care of you from cradle to grave.
Ray

Members, several items are on our place:
    Tonight the KPB Task Force will announce it's findings to the
assembly, and vote to place the ordinance on the ballot.  If you
choose to attend and show support, please be there by 6PM, KPB
Chambers. Providing it is voted to be  on the October ballot, the
following public events are scheduled:

    Family Fun in the Sun is this Saturday.  Set up is 8-11, and the
booth runs through the day.  I have a tent, table and materials to
give out including rack cards (2,000), Q&A sheet (3,000), Norm's
booklet's, sign, Ordinance in a binder, Neighborhood watch handout,
candy, and hopefully Crimestopper information. ...I need to know if we
need to meet on Thursday to gather our thoughts, or wing it. I will
need 1-2 people to work with me.  Please let me know.

      Additionally, I have signed us up for a booth at the 4th of July
in Kenai, and Industry Days in August.

    We will continue to educate and inform the community through
various news outlets through the summer and fall.  Fred Miller (NCC)
has indicated he would host a community meeting this Fall before the
election.  In addition to others, Greg Russell from Crimestopper's and
former SPD officer has agreed to speak on what it would mean for a
start up in our community. If you remember, he helped me at my
community meeting.

    A heartfelt personal thanks to each of you for the months of time
and energy you have given to see this project through.  Without your
efforts, Nikiski would not have the hopeful promise of a safer
community.

Warmly, Ann

Shane Land

Jun 17, 2015, 11:48:56 AM6/17/15
to 'ray southwell' via Alaska Citizens Militia
I do not really see this as a marketing plan.  What I do see is that Ann is taking the time to gather qualitative and quantitative data through research by handing out a Q & A sheet.  This is a very good idea because let's say that 30% of the 3000 sheets are filled out by the community and returned, that's 900 people who took the time to voice their opinion.  Her research can work in her favor as well as it can yours as she is doing the work for both sides though you are likely never to know the official results.

You are in an information war at this point and it seems that she has clear, simplistic objectives.  She is providing the public with information and allowing them the opportunity to be heard while effectively silencing the opposition.  She is running a "hearts and minds" campaign and attempting to influence the population with information and her guest speaker.  At this point, she is also effectively silencing the opposition by not allowing you to discuss other options on the FaceBook page.

I also do not see where they have all the answers.  If they did, they certainly would not be handing out a Q&A sheet.  They are seeking answers from everyone in the community who is willing to take the time to fill out the sheet.

There are things you can do to get your opinion out there.  You have already written an article published in the paper and made an appearance on the radio.  Create a handout which clearly lays out your alternative proposed plan of action.  You aren't going to like this one very much, but do away with the name of your group "Deacons of/for Defense."  No matter how good your intentions are with the name, it attaches itself to a time in American History which many do not understand, was shameful, and most do not want to discuss.  Come up with a more community friendly name.  Construct your on Q&A sheet and start passing it out now to the community.  Conduct your own research.  Create a 10-20 question document which asks the "hard" questions.  Get hard numbers and facts from everyone you can which can dispute her findings in the future.  Continue to write a weekly article for the paper clearly stating your objectives.  Start laying out your plan, one piece at a time, in your article so that people have a clear and concise understanding of how you plan to accomplish your objectives.  You have to get the people to want to come to your side and say, "This is a much better idea and plan than what the others are proposing."  These are just a few ways you can be heard and begin to effectively silence your opposition.

Bottom line is that right now you are in a reactive position because of Ann's initiative.  This means that you must provide more constructive information to the public than they do until it gets to the point where they become reactive because of loss of initiative.  You have the time, albeit short, to present your options and gain the support of a lot of people.

Seize the initiative.....

Shane

To post send email to alaska-citi...@googlegroups.com

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Alaska Citizens Militia" group.

Norm Olson

Jun 17, 2015, 9:58:28 PM6/17/15
to alaska-citi...@googlegroups.com

Avast logo

ray southwell

Jun 18, 2015, 12:18:23 PM6/18/15
to alaska-citi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your comments Shane. I thought about calling the group the "Pink Bunny Hoppers." Warm and fuzzy rabbits jumping around the neighborhood. But I will stick with my original thought. You reflect the thinking of most Americans. We operate on a feel good mode. I watched Donald Trump's video announcement of his run for president. He expressed his thoughts that the American people are sick and tired of feel good politicians who do not walk the talk but make us feel good. He believes the people are ready for a president that will take action on improving the economic future of America. He is wrong and you are right. We only want leaders that make us feel good.

That is why Obama was elected president.

As for marketing plan- All products need a marketing plan. LESA is the product. LESA even has a logo. Perhaps Norm can post the picture of the LESA logo. Good marketers, of a product, find the negatives and turn those negatives into positives. If they are unable to do so then they attack the producer of the alternative product.

We have spent a great deal of time discussing the issue here. Thanks to Norm, I have been accepted into the closed Nikiski FaceBook  group. I will spending a great deal of time there in the coming weeks and months.

I  end my discussion here as I began. Any militia member wanting to help with the Deacons for Defense (armed neighborhood  watch) contact me through a private message on FaceBook or call me at 907-776-3384.

Ray

Shane Land

Jun 18, 2015, 2:56:08 PM6/18/15
to 'ray southwell' via Alaska Citizens Militia
Ray,

I do not feel that I reflect the thinking of most Americans.  While this might be your perception, I can assure you that it is not reality.  In fact, I feel that I do quite the opposite in that I do not leap before I look.  What I do is look at the issue as a whole and analyze the hell out of it before making a rational decision and choosing a way forward which is what I have done with the issue in Nikiski.

We all want leaders who make us feel good about, not only America, but our communities.  You are offering your leadership to the Nikiski community. Do you not want them to feel you are trustworthy?  Do you not want them to feel like you have their best interests in mind and that what you do, you do for the community?  Do you not want the community to feel good about the decision they made to entrust you with their safety?  Do you not want them to have that "warm and fuzzy" feeling knowing that you are watchdog out there for them?  Of course you do which is why you have taken the time and put forth the effort in this endeavor.

My interest in this discussion has been from a third party perspective and I will expand on this with some hypotheticals, "what if's" if you will.  First, let's say that you do not know me and I move into the Nikiski community tomorrow.  I am aware of the current situation of the LESA program proposal and your alternative option but I am unsure as to how I want to vote.  Being that every vote counts, Ann provides me with all of her handout information and I've taken the time to answer the Q&A sheet she provided however, this does not mean she has my vote.  I would like to have more information about your alternate proposal but there isn't any to be obtained that lays out a definitive plan for me to ponder.  I make it known that I would certainly like to hear more about the alternate plan and you set a time to come and visit with me and my family.  How are you going to convince me, other than taxes will increase, that the LESA proposal is not the best course of action for the community?  How are you going to convince me that your proposal is the best course?  Can you show me a detailed plan?

For the most part, most people are sheep.  Sheep need a shepherd and the sheep will pay for the shepherd if they know that they will be protected.  This might very well be the case in Nikiski when the people vote in that they might be willing to sacrifice and take the increase in taxes so long as they know they have a police force protecting them.  On the other hand, your alternative also provides for some protection but is a volunteer force, volunteer shepherds.  But the fact that it is a volunteer force brings me to a few more questions.  Volunteer Fire Departments across Alaska have a Chief or a person in charge.  As well, Police Departments have a Police Chief.  Regarding your proposal, you seem to be the one who would be the Chief or the person in charge.  The Chief reports to, or answers to, City Council or community leaders who implement policies and review and approve budgets (among other things).  In other words, there is a Chain of Command and you would, inevitably, have to report to someone in the City Government.  What would happen if that person was Ann?

I know that I've asked about your plan several times and kind of keep harping on it.  I only do so because it is an important part of why/why not people will support your option.  We know that you desire to impact the economic process of the drug dealers.  Great, got it.  But let's say that the community votes no on LESA, you get your program, you rid Nikiski of all the drug dealers, and they relocate to another town close by.  You have gotten rid of the dealers but the users are still there. The drugs will still accessible to the drug users in Nikiski although it will take a little more effort on their part in they have to travel to obtain their fix.  Fallout....I submit to you that your property crime problem (and possibly violent crime) will not go away, I believe it will increase.  How so?  Well, the drug dealers can now increase the prices of their product because they know the demand is still in Nikiski.  If the users are willing to travel to get their product, which they will be, then they are also willing to pay an above market price.  The increase in price of the drugs by the dealers will cause an increase in frequency of property crime committed by the users.  The users aren't going to steal in other communities, well maybe a small percentage, they are going to steal where they are comfortable and know routines.  This is a chain reaction caused by supply and demand.  What now?  The community voted no for a police presence.  Did you plan for a contingency such as this?

Like I said earlier, mine has been a third party perspective.  I believe you have a great idea however, the wrong approach to reaching your goal.  Yes, I've played some "Devil's Advocate" but I have also provided you with numerous, proven ways to enhance your campaign and thereby achieve your goal.  Whatever the case, however things turn out, I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor.

Shane

ray southwell

Jun 20, 2015, 11:29:58 AM6/20/15
to alaska-citi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Shane,

I stand corrected, you are different than most.

Ray

Shane Land

Jun 20, 2015, 12:50:28 PM6/20/15
to 'ray southwell' via Alaska Citizens Militia
Best of luck to you Ray.  I will watch online as things unfold.

Shane

Sent from my Windows Phone