More Echoes From Folks In Our Community

Norm Olson

Jun 9, 2015, 6:31:31 PM6/9/15
to alaska-citi...@googlegroups.com
  • Tabatha Nave Olson The main complaint at the community meeting was ast time and not having enough man power to come for every call. Now people are saying no more government. There is no best of both worlds. To help with police enforcement and safety they are offering to put a station out there. All laws should be enforced not just those that are effecting you.

  • Stephanie Clay I have NEVER asked for more officers or government of any type. Nor did I complain about crime. I feel comfortable holding my own. I personally feel those that are scared should move closer to or into town where they have more amenities.

  • Dean Bartsch I want to take an add out in the paper saying I refuse to do business with, Then list the names and pictures of the drug users and thieves in our area. This would allow those who don't know who these people are an opportunity to be more aware of who to avoid and maybe if we can stop selling them food and booze and stop renting housing to them they may move on. Could this be done? and how would I be able to get their pictures? I know Darrell Peterson to be a criminal but it has been so many years that I saw him that I would not recognize him today.

  • Elizabeth McKee I will say I am in favor of changing the current system as it obviously is not working for the residents of Nikiski. I think 14+ years is long enough. With the legalization of marijuana our problems will likely increase with respect to drugs and theft. What about "cleaning up" the area? I have tried on several occasions to address with some property owners, borough and state agencies to clean up abandoned trashy properties, remainders of building that have since been ransacked for scrap and other components to salvage with zero results. Even the strip mall where M&M is looks trashed. I wonder if the majority of people who don't want law enforcement might just be willing to donate their free time to take care of the problem for the rest of us???? I say start within your own yard ! I think there is more that can be done to beautify our community in many ways. THE FIRST IS WE NEED TO COME TOGETHER AS A COMMUNITY !

Avast logo

lelletraffen

Jun 12, 2015, 3:46:01 AM6/12/15
to alaska-citi...@googlegroups.com
Academy useful?

" Our AST program is based on Citizen Police Academy programs being formed by police agencies all over America. CPA's are intended to open the lines of communication between the community and their local police and help expand a police agencies community based efforts. AST's Citizen Academy can alleviate some misunderstanding by providing citizens a firsthand look at the statutes, regulations and policies that guide troopers in their daily duties."

http://dps.alaska.gov/PIO/citizenacademy.aspx