New to CGEA

Jackie Pedley

Mar 15, 2009, 11:28:59 PM3/15/09
to ALaN Model Activities
Hi All

My name is Jackie Pedley and I am a lecturer at West Coast TAFE in
Joondalup, WA. I have been asked to re-vamp our CGEA course and to
coordinate it for next semester. I have taught the Numeracy component
of the CGEA Certs 2 & 3 last year.

I was wondering if anybody has considered online learning. I have
noticed that a wiki has been developed for students from Central TAFE,
but has anyone been using WebCT or anything else that makes it more
flexible for students.

I would be interested to hear of your experiences and/or anyone who is
interested in assisting me to develope a more flexible approach.

Also, does anyone have a specified text for the CGEA course?

I'm looking forward to being part of the group.

Jackie

michelle dodd

Mar 16, 2009, 12:45:59 AM3/16/09
to alan-model...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jackie suggest you make contact with Christine Attwell @ Challenger.. she is coordinating the development of an online cert 2 CGEA

christin...@challengertafe.wa.edu.au

regards
--
Michelle Dodd

http://ability-programs-challengertafe.wikispaces.com/

michel...@challenertafe.wa.edu.au

Cheryl

Mar 18, 2009, 9:35:57 PM3/18/09
to ALaN Model Activities
Hi Jackie

You may like to ask that question again in our CGEA Network Google
group - I sent you an invite to it the other day. 170 people are
members of that group as compared to the 22 in this one. People have
uploaded some interesting files there that are relevant for online
learning (how to use blogs, and how to use digital stories, there are
also lists of websites you would find handy as you prepare an online
program).

CYOC has been using WEBCT and Elluminate for online delivery. Jo Hart
is the contact. and the School of Isolated and Distance Education
(SIDE) use another combination of programs to do the same.

I can't imagine how a specified text would be much help in the CGEA.
The course caters for so many different needs and the new course is
underpinned by the learning plan you develop with students to identify
their gaols and aspirations.

Cheryl

On Mar 16, 1:45 pm, michelle dodd <michelledod...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jackie suggest you make contact with Christine Attwell @ Challenger.. she
> is coordinating the development of an online cert 2 CGEA
>
> christine.attw...@challenger
>
> regards
>

> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 12:28 PM, Jackie Pedley <ped...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi All
>
> > My name is Jackie Pedley and I am a lecturer at West Coast TAFE in
> > Joondalup, WA.  I have been asked to re-vamp our CGEA course and to
> > coordinate it for next semester.  I have taught the Numeracy component
> > of the CGEA Certs 2 & 3 last year.
>
> > I was wondering if anybody has considered online learning.  I have
> > noticed that a wiki has been developed for students from Central TAFE,
> > but has anyone been using WebCT or anything else that makes it more
> > flexible for students.
>
> > I would be interested to hear of your experiences and/or anyone who is
> > interested in assisting me to develope a more flexible approach.
>
> > Also, does anyone have a specified text for the CGEA course?
>
> > I'm looking forward to being part of the group.
>
> > Jackie
>
> --
> Michelle Dodd
>
> http://ability-programs-challengertafe.wikispaces.com/
>
> michelle.d...@challenertafe.wa.edu.au- Hide quoted text -

Message has been deleted

769...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2015, 1:43:13 AM1/23/15
to alan-model...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cheryl,

I am interested in joining the CGEA Network group but can't find anywhere to ask for an "invite".  Is there a particular person to go through to join the group?

Jackie, interesting concept.  I work with CGEA groups as well but find a lot of them have low digital literacy skills, so they would probably find online learning quite difficult ( I have thought about the idea myself in the past).  However, that is not to say that some students wouldn't benefit from it, and for others (with lots of support) it would include some great skills(useful skills) to learn for them as citizens of the digital age.

Hayley :)

nikkigr...@hotmail.com

Jan 27, 2015, 10:18:57 PM1/27/15
to alan-model...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I realise that this is a very old post, but like others, I have been unable to contact the group owner to get added to the CGEA group. I am a tutor for CGEA within the prison system in WÀ and have just found out about this group from a colleague. Is there any way I could be added to this group?

Many thanks,

Nikki

Swinburne 2015

Jan 28, 2015, 5:15:46 AM1/28/15
to alan-model...@googlegroups.com
Nikki,

I received your reply to Jackie Pedley's post for CGEA google group but I haven't heard anything from anyone.  It have found it is very difficult to find a way to join.

Hayley :)