[JOB] Linux AWS Sys Admin - Cleveland, San Diego or Telecommute

Daniel Swift

Feb 17, 2015, 2:18:10 PM2/17/15
to akro...@googlegroups.com

My client is a rapidly growing technology company looking for the best and brightest technology talent to support our software development and client portfolio. They are currently looking for a Systems Admin within the United States to join our team.

While they would prefer to hire a regular on-site employee in either Cleveland, OH or San Diego, CA they will consider a 100% telecommute person too, but you must meet most of the requirements and fall within the $60,000 to $80,000 salary range. This is a full time salaried job + benefits. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Local candidates will be considered first. Local candidates who prefer to partially telecommute will be considered 2nd and 100% telecommuters considered last, but I want to see resumes from everyone, please!

Required Skills:
* Build and configure large AWS environments, preferably with Magento
* 4+ years full-time (or significant experience) as a Linux systems administrator
* Previous work in a high-availability, mission-critical environment
* Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects
* Knowledge of the inner-workings of MySQL, including optimization and replication
* Automation experience with Puppet, Ruby, and/or Bash
* Load balancing and failover configuration
* AWS EC2, Cloud-Formation, IAM, VPC, AWS-CLI
* Nginx and Apache
* Varnish, Memcache, Redis
* Proven ability to interact effectively with people in all levels of the organization (cross-functional, on/shore technical teams and executive management)
* Strong problem solving skills, ability to triage technical issues and drive resolution with cross functional teams
* Strong decision-making skills, and an understanding of where projects fit into the overall architecture strategy
* Ability to roll with changes in a dynamic work environment, shaping changes into opportunities. Proven performance record with demonstrated leadership skills
* Excellent communication, negotiation and facilitation skills are required
* Experience with Agile development methodology and distributed code repositories with GIT

Benefits for You:
* Work in a high-paced yet casual atmosphere
* Join a team of highly talented and dedicated resources
* Experience tremendous growth and help shape the organization
* Work within a worldwide development team from North America, South America, Europe, Eastern Europe and India
* Experience large projects with Fortune 500 customers

Compensation and Hours:
* Competitive base salary
* Full benefits with retirement plan

Full client and job details furnished to qualified applicants. To be considered, please submit your resume and salary requirements to d...@swift-staffing.com - Your information will be held in the strictest of confidence and will not be submitted anywhere without your consent.

Thank you,
Dan Swift

http://swift-staffing.com
d...@swift-staffing.com

Scott McCarty

Feb 20, 2015, 10:12:04 AM2/20/15
to Daniel Swift, akro...@googlegroups.com
Don't want to be a negative Nancy, but this looks a lot like a 100-120K a year job, even in Ohio....

Best Regards
Scott M

'G' Gaurav Saxena

Mar 12, 2015, 10:55:27 AM3/12/15
to Scott McCarty, Daniel Swift, Akron Linux User Group
+1 to what Scott said

Dan,
It would help if your clients' executive team reached out directly for hiring employees .. that's the one of the major things I like about discuss.akron.io's Gainful Employment category

All,

Did you know that there is some planning going on for a devops specific meetup in Akron?  See: http://discuss.akron.io/t/devops-meetup-in-akron/280

Regards,
--
G | Gaurav Narain Saxena | (330) 283 - 4972

I am a Board Member at SYN/HAK: The Akron Hackerspace located at 48 S Summit St Akron Ohio 44308
I am providing technical consulting services to Sherwin-Williams on behalf of Bennett Adelson (Microsoft Solution Center) located at 6050 Oak Tree Blvd, Cleveland, Ohio 44131
I have also been providing solutions to non-trivial problems other businesses may have through my company Whiskey Bits LLC located in Portage Lakes, Ohio
Learn more about things I have created by reading my About page on my blog

Jonathan Woodall

Mar 12, 2015, 10:59:10 AM3/12/15
to 'G' Gaurav Saxena, Scott McCarty, Daniel Swift, Akron Linux User Group
It's not the .com boom anymore, and these guys aren't paying in shares of the company.
You want crap code and ugly apps, keep doing this.

b> Systems Admin within the United States to join our team.

Jonathan Woodall

Mar 12, 2015, 11:01:39 AM3/12/15
to 'G' Gaurav Saxena, Scott McCarty, Daniel Swift, Akron Linux User Group
Forgot to mention the part where you get an extra $10K in bills because the dummy who takes this leaves a buttload of needless 8xl instances spin up all month. Nothing cheap about AWS....