Raspberry Pi 2 & Development of IoT with M$ ....

Harvey Rothenberg

Apr 21, 2015, 11:24:24 AM4/21/15
to akro...@googlegroups.com
By Presenting this news, I wish it to be known that I do NOT endorse Windows on Raspberry Pi !  I am presenting this information as an OMG !  moment and that this news could reflect on how M$ feels that they are loosing a certain part of the market that may and has grown with Linux.  This may be how a claimed Monopoly may react.

I do not know if the group has heard of Microsoft's announcement back in February, that I just came across in the March issue of CPU, that Microsoft  is embracing the maker movement and the Raspberry Pi Platform.  They have big plans for Windows 10 and the Internet of Things (IoT) - for free via its Windows Developer Program.  Microsoft says that Windows 10 will be made available "later this year," offering it to "Makers" in the same way it delivered Windows builds for developers utilising Intel's Galileo board.  Here are a few links for you to look at :

      <  http://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2015/02/02/windows-10-coming-to-raspberry-pi-2/

Matt Timmons-Brown, The Raspberry Pi Guy, do some video interviews with Eben and Gordon. Matt; he asks difficult questions, and I think that many of you will find this interview particularly interesting, as Eben talks about plans for open-sourcing the Pi’s graphics stack, what’s going on with the display board, what’s up with Windows 10, and much more.

      <  http://www.theraspberrypiguy.com/raspberry-pi-qa-eben-upton-gordon-hollingworth/

      <  https://gigaom.com/2015/02/02/windows-10-and-ubuntu-prepare-for-iot-battle-on-raspberry-pi-2/

Now for a few forums :

      <  https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=88183

      <  http://www.windows10forums.com/threads/windows-10-for-raspberry-pi.307/

I hope that this topic sparks some conversation within the membership ....