Stamina

Richard Rodseth

May 22, 2015, 2:31:35 PM5/22/15
to akka...@googlegroups.com
No, not referring to the effort required to keep up with the Akka team :)

and wondered if anyone had any thoughts about it.

I'm itching to pitch Akka persistence, but would like the read side and serialization to be well-baked.

Konrad Malawski

May 29, 2015, 12:32:43 PM5/29/15
to Akka User List
Hi Richard!

No, not referring to the effort required to keep up with the Akka team :)
Which reminds me I promised myself to do some sports this week... ;-)

and wondered if anyone had any thoughts about it.
Looks pretty cool actually, and points out a pain point in Akka Persistence that we are currently addressing actually.
We are in the middle of making Akka Persistence stable, and will include it in Akka 2.4 as a stable module soon.

One of the pain points we will fix in this stable release is what stamina tackles for Akka 2.3's Persistence,
it was hard to evolve schemas and we did not provide as much docs as we should have about it.
That's the prime focus of our work nowadays actually.

I think their DSL is pretty cool and will remain relevant once we roll out the updated features in Persistence,
however the painpoints about serialization being so tied to classes is being addressed already, and more fixups coming soon.

I'm itching to pitch Akka persistence, but would like the read side and serialization to be well-baked.
The new read side is our Step 2 in what we're working on now, serialization however is being resolved as we speak :-)

--
Cheers,
Konrad 'ktoso' Malawski