SBT Dependencies need to be updated for Akka Sample Twitter Streaming template on Activator

Dagny T

Jul 18, 2016, 5:16:19 PM7/18/16
to Akka User List

1) On first running this code through an Intellij debugger; I ran into the following Akka Http bug, which indicated a version upgrade was required:

2) After choosing the latest Akka library versions available for Scala 2.11.7; I ran into the following Scalac bug, which indicated a version upgrade was required for Scala itself:

=====================================================================================================

I then got help from Akka User @ktoso to connect me with the Activator Template contributor through GitHub, or @vrcod here:

Both of them recommended not using a Milestone build for Scala; and to instead lookup the library version numbers correlated with the latest comprehensive release of Scala on this site here:

http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Cakka-http-experimental

And, @vrcod noted I should be specifying the update library versions correctly; but my latest attempt at that is still  doesn't work because:

*** Unresolved Dependencies on:

org.json4s#json4s-native_2.11;2.4.8: not found

Don't know WTF IDEA15 is looking for v2.4.8 of anything(!)

Since I did:

-  Quit IDEA15; then in my project directory:

rm -rf .idea/libraries

Build/Rebuild project in IDEA15.0.3 IDE with the following in build.sbt:

scalaVersion := "2.11.8"

libraryDependencies ++= Seq(
"com.typesafe.akka" %% "akka-stream-experimental" % "2.0.4",
"com.typesafe.akka" %% "akka-http-experimental" % "2.0.4",
"com.hunorkovacs" %% "koauth" % "1.1.0",
"org.json4s" %% "json4s-native" % "3.4.0"
)

In my sbt.last.log in ~/Library/Logs/IntellijIdea15; I see:
*** Unresolved Dependencies
org.json4s#json4s-native_2.11;2.4.8: not found

Minor improvement is that all other dependencies were resolved.

Akka Team

Jul 22, 2016, 6:19:16 AM7/22/16
to Akka User List
Hi Dagny,

Above is wrong, please use 2.4.8 for every Akka artifact. Also streams are no longer experimental.

Just look at the list here: http://akka.io/docs/

-Endre

In my sbt.last.log in ~/Library/Logs/IntellijIdea15; I see:
*** Unresolved Dependencies
org.json4s#json4s-native_2.11;2.4.8: not found

Minor improvement is that all other dependencies were resolved.

---

Akka Team
Lightbend - Reactive apps on the JVM
Twitter: @akkateam

Dagny T

Jul 23, 2016, 3:30:08 AM7/23/16
to Akka User List, daphn...@gmail.com

Responding to Endre from Akka Team.  So, I did look at the release documentation; and it says to use the experimental version because that contains the Routing DSL?  Also, I looked at the Central Maven site to lookup the latest Scala v2.11 compatible version for those libraries to get the 2.0.4.  However, I'll try just using v2.4.8 of akka-http-core and akka-stream and drop the experimental libs.  THANKS!