Akka cluster sharding

j...@spineor.com

Jan 12, 2018, 2:17:21 AM1/12/18
to Akka User List
Hi

I have just started using Akka and creating a demo application using Akka persistence. This application has only one actor persisting event in cassandra. I am running this application in docker cluster. Currently I am running it in 3 nodes. But the problem I am facing is when I am persisting any event, the node which gets hit is update by that event, but other two nodes are not getting updated by that event. So when I am fetching the even it some times comes blank and some times it fetches the event, depending upon which not gets the fetch request. Will cluster sharding help me on this. I am not if this is the proper use case of sharding. Kindly suggest me a solution on this.

Thanks
Joy

Martynas Mickevičius

Jan 12, 2018, 3:08:19 AM1/12/18
to akka...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

are your Cassandra nodes in one cluster?

---

Patrik Nordwall

Jan 12, 2018, 6:46:01 AM1/12/18
to akka...@googlegroups.com
A PersistentActor with a given persistenceId can only be active at one place (single writer principle). Cluster Sharding will help you with that.

/Patrik

j...@spineor.com

Jan 12, 2018, 7:21:33 AM1/12/18
to Akka User List