Recovering a stream after exception with Supervision.Resume strategy

Arthur Kushka

Apr 12, 2018, 9:54:02 AM4/12/18
to Akka User List
Hi all,

Currently, I working on Play2 app with WebSocket Flow which one has several points to fail (validation of json that was inputted, IO errors when saving stuff, whatever).

I would like to report about all the errors back to client. To do that, I defined .recovery to my flow and its worked fine. But still after each error my connection was closed, so I defined custom supervision strategy where in case of special exceptions I just Resume a stream. The problem that after that, all the reactions for exceptions, for which one stream will not be stopped are not returning error messages to sink as it defined in .recover. Is there a way to take both? I would like to resume stream if special errors are happened and still write about such kind of error to the channel.

Best,
Arthur