Cassandra journal persistence - query on parallelism across persistenceIds

Muthukumaran Kothandaraman

Jul 27, 2016, 2:12:31 PM7/27/16
to Akka User List
Hi,

I would like to understand the possible degree of parallelism in Cassandra persistence plugin with Cassandra 3.4.0.

For my usecase, I would be having around 3K distinct peristent actors using event-sourced pattern with Akka 2.4.1. I am not using any other capabilities like sharding. But 3K actors would be spread across akka cluster nodes - all cconnecting to Cassandra cluster for persistence.

I assume events persisted across different persistenceIds can go in parallel so that overall event-persistence throughput across actors is better. Is Cassandra persistence plugin implemented this way ? Any specific configurations I have to be aware of except for possible persistence dispatcher tuning ?

Regards
Muthu

Patrik Nordwall

Aug 7, 2016, 12:21:24 PM8/7/16
to akka...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 8:12 PM, Muthukumaran Kothandaraman <muthu....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I would like to understand the possible degree of parallelism in Cassandra persistence plugin with Cassandra 3.4.0.

For my usecase, I would be having around 3K distinct peristent actors using event-sourced pattern with Akka 2.4.1. I am not using any other capabilities like sharding. But 3K actors would be spread across akka cluster nodes - all cconnecting to Cassandra cluster for persistence.

I assume events persisted across different persistenceIds can go in parallel so that overall event-persistence throughput across actors is better.

That is correct

Is Cassandra persistence plugin implemented this way ? Any specific configurations I have to be aware of except for possible persistence dispatcher tuning ?

Regards
Muthu

---

Patrik Nordwall