PersistentFSMActor and non persistent events

Julien Jean Paul Sirocchi

Jul 30, 2015, 6:05:57 AM7/30/15
to Akka User List
Hi all,

I'm experimenting w/ akka 2.4-M2 PersistentFSMActor trait and I've a use case where I'd like to model my persistent actor state's data as a class that gets updated by *both* persistent events *and* non-persistent ones (i.e. I would like to have one container to cater for both persistent and transient state). I was hoping that I could use some version of "applying" (or "using", now private[akka]) to update my state w/o persisting any domain event but I can't seem to find any.

Also, I believe this could be circumvented, say, by using a separate non-persistent actor to hold the transient state, but I would really first would like to understand if adding (back?) this type of functionality: 1. would be useful to others, 2. has knock-on effects that I'm not considering.

Regards,
\j

Konrad Malawski

Aug 1, 2015, 11:03:38 AM8/1/15
to Akka User List
Hi there,
that's simple to do with just using vars inside the Actor.
I see you might want to keep the "become with data" style though... This needs to get some time spent on looking into it.
If you'd have some time to investigate how to best expose this in the API and maybe prep a PR that'd be great!

For starters, would you mind opening a ticket please so we can continue the discussion there?

Thanks!

-- Konrad

Julien Jean Paul Sirocchi

Aug 1, 2015, 11:16:48 AM8/1/15
to Akka User List
Thanks! Will definitively give it a try ;) Issue opened as requested

Konrad Malawski

Aug 1, 2015, 11:27:46 AM8/1/15
to akka...@googlegroups.com, Julien Jean Paul Sirocchi
Thanks!