GraphStage instead of ActorPublisher/ActorSubscriber

Richard Rodseth

Apr 18, 2017, 11:46:25 PM4/18/17
to akka...@googlegroups.com
I've read that ActorPublisher and ActorSubscriber are deprecated in favour of GraphStage, but haven't found examples of how to accomplish this. This section of the documentation is a stub:

http://doc.akka.io/docs/akka/2.5/scala/stream/stream-customize.html#Integration_with_actors

I have several scenarios where I need to thread a stream through an actor, but still want to take advantage of backpressure.

So far I'm using mapAsync() and ask()

Konrad Malawski

Apr 18, 2017, 11:47:30 PM4/18/17
to akka...@googlegroups.com, Richard Rodseth
Implement the logic within the GraphStage.
It basically behaves like an Actor (but can be fused too).

--
Konrad `ktoso` Malawski
Akka @ Lightbend
---

Konrad Malawski

Apr 18, 2017, 11:59:36 PM4/18/17
to akka...@googlegroups.com, Richard Rodseth
I would not call it a stub... it's basically all you need.
I see however that you're asking for extend documentation with examples in that section - would you mind opening a ticket on http://github.com/akka/akka about that (Add more examples for integrating with Actors in docs section ...)?

Thanks in advance for the ticket :)

--
Konrad `ktoso` Malawski
Akka @ Lightbend