DistributedPubSub, SendToAll (path...) is not sending msg

Kostas kougios

Oct 1, 2015, 11:00:23 AM10/1/15
to Akka User List
Path is :
akka://testSystem/user/databaseServer/index:int-string

There are 2 actors with that path on 2 ActorSystems. ActorSystem = testSystem. None is receiving the msg

What can be wrong?

Patrik Nordwall

Oct 5, 2015, 3:05:03 AM10/5/15
to akka...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure I understand what you have tried, but the path of the DistributedPubSubMediator.SendToAll message should be "/user/databaseServer/index:int-string"

/Patrik

---

Patrik Nordwall
Typesafe Reactive apps on the JVM
Twitter: @patriknw

Konstantinos Kougios

Oct 5, 2015, 5:50:33 AM10/5/15
to akka...@googlegroups.com
Hi Patrik,

So it wont work with the full path of akka://testSystem/... ?

Also I am Send-ingToAll during actor creation. Both sender and receivers are created, then mediator !  Put and then one of them sends some data over to the rest. I think it wont work due to timing issues (it is hard to say when Put actually activates a receiver and if that is done for all receivers before the sender SendToAll).

Thanks
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Akka User List" group.

Patrik Nordwall

Oct 5, 2015, 7:41:56 AM10/5/15
to akka...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 11:50 AM, 'Konstantinos Kougios' via Akka User List <akka...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hi Patrik,

So it wont work with the full path of akka://testSystem/... ?

right, it should be the path without that part

Also I am Send-ingToAll during actor creation. Both sender and receivers are created, then mediator !  Put and then one of them sends some data over to the rest. I think it wont work due to timing issues (it is hard to say when Put actually activates a receiver and if that is done for all receivers before the sender SendToAll).

Yes, that can also be a reason. The registry is eventually updated on all nodes. See http://doc.akka.io/docs/akka/2.4.0/scala/distributed-pub-sub.html

Konstantinos Kougios

Oct 5, 2015, 9:42:51 AM10/5/15
to akka...@googlegroups.com