Akka Http ResponseTimeout

EXTERNAL Wachter Stefan (Keybird IT Consulting und Vetriebs GmbH, INST-ICM/BSV-BS)

Oct 17, 2016, 7:22:23 AM10/17/16
to akka...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

what is the recommended (correct?) way to ensure a certain response timeout when using superPool flow? I think flow.completionTimeout (and friends) are not apropriate because they affect the whole flow of requests to responses whereas only a single request-response pair might have been affected by the timeout.

Studying the configuration options there seem to be only two settings that might be useful: connecting-timeout and idle-timeout. The first setting however does not track responses and the second setting is only indirectly linked with the original problem of having timeouts for responses.

Can anyone advice?

(PS: One could use nested flows of single requests to single responses and flatten / recover them or use the „Future-Based“ variant of the API instead. Yet, I wonder if there is an easier solution.)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Dr. Stefan Wachter

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH

Communications (INST-ICM/BSV-BS)