Last IntelliJ update (2017.3) breaks developing with Akka / Scala on Java

Tomer Rothschild

Dec 5, 2017, 7:49:08 AM12/5/17
to Akka User List
Hi all,

The last IntelliJ update (2017.3) introduced regression that brakes developing with Akka / Scala on Java.

The regression is that IntelliJ shows false error highlighting in Java when subclassing Scala classes that had traits mixed in (all AbstractActor classes for example - AbstractActor, AbstractPersistentActor, AbstractPersistentActorWithAtLeastOnceDelivery, etc'..).
IntelliJ forces you to either declare the new sub class as abstract, or implement all the methods of all the mixins.
Needless to say, the project compiles and runs perfectly.

I opened the following ticket with Jetbrains - ticket 1166142, and created the following repository that reproduces the false errors - intellij-mixin-issue.

Please consider weighing in to the discussion so that the issue gets proper prioritization in JetBrains.

Regards,
Tomer R.

Konrad “ktoso” Malawski

Dec 5, 2017, 8:32:40 AM12/5/17
to akka...@googlegroups.com, Tomer Rothschild
Hi Tomer,
Thanks for reporting it to the IntelliJ team.
Could you post a working link to the issue? The one posted does not seem to work.

--
Cheers,
Konrad 'ktoso' Malawski
---

Tomer Rothschild

Dec 5, 2017, 9:03:16 AM12/5/17
to Akka User List
I now see I have opened a request to JetBrains rather than a bug. Here's the updated ticket - now as a bug - IDEA-183259

Rob Crawford

Dec 5, 2017, 9:22:24 AM12/5/17
to Akka User List
The Scala plugin is marked as incompatible with 2017.3; I don't have it installed, and the Java API is working OK for me.

Tomer Rothschild

Dec 5, 2017, 9:54:06 AM12/5/17
to Akka User List

@Rob Crawford Thanks!

Worked like a charm. I updated the ticket.