Akka basic configuration

Melissa Landi

Jan 22, 2017, 7:19:04 AM1/22/17
to Akka User List
Hi Akka users :)
I'm studying and learning Akka and I'm struggling to profile a basic akka configuration.
Someone can tell me on what I need to focus mainly and how can I profile a basic akka node?
thanks

Konrad Malawski

Jan 22, 2017, 9:45:51 AM1/22/17
to Akka User List, Melissa Landi
Hi there,
Would you be able to rephrase the question a bit?
Configuration is covered in each of the reference documentation chapters, e.g. If you want to use cluster, then the cluster docs document how to configure that etc.

The question on profiling seems like a separate question, and actually there isn't anything different in profiling an Akka app vs. any asynchronous app. You could of course use Lightbend monitoring to get even more information, about mailbox sizes etc, so I'd recommend you give it a look too.

--
Konrad Malawski
---

Melissa Landi

Jan 26, 2017, 11:43:18 AM1/26/17
to Konrad Malawski, Akka User List
thanks for the help. I'm just learning akka and I'd profile a simple node in a test environment. could someone help me ? :)

On 22 January 2017 at 13:16:14, Melissa Landi (melissa...@gmail.com) wrote:

Hi Akka users :)
I'm studying and learning Akka and I'm struggling to profile a basic akka configuration.
Someone can tell me on what I need to focus mainly and how can I profile a basic akka node?
thanks

---

Konrad Malawski

Jan 26, 2017, 11:53:13 AM1/26/17
to Melissa Landi, Akka User List

Let us know if you have concrete questions, a bit hard to reply to overly generic questions like this.

Happy hakking!

--
Konrad `ktoso` Malawski
Akka @ Lightbend