Cluster state shows node status up even though node is down & unreachable

Darshan Shah

Apr 22, 2018, 9:00:14 PM4/22/18
to Akka User List
I am using Cluster.get(context().system()).state() to get the state of the cluster and it works perfectly in all environments except one.
On all environments where it works, nodes that are down show up in the state.getUnreachable() set and not in state.getMembers().
However only in one environment where this doesn't work, nodes that are down show up both in the state.getUnreachable() set and also in state.getMembers().

Any pointers on what could be different in that one particular environment causing this are highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Konrad “ktoso” Malawski

Apr 22, 2018, 11:06:40 PM4/22/18
to akka...@googlegroups.com, Darshan Shah
No idea, I’d guess you have more insights into your envs than we here so you should be able to dig into it more.
I also don’t quite get what “not works” means in this context.

PS: Consider moving to discuss.akka.io

--
Cheers,
Konrad 'ktoso' Malawski

Darshan Shah

Apr 22, 2018, 11:19:35 PM4/22/18
to Akka User List
Thanks - will post the question there as well.

For completeness:
My understanding is that Cluster.get(context().system()).state() should return the cluster state having down/unreachable members only in the state.getUnreachable() set
This is true for all clusters we have except one.
What I am trying to find out is which configuration / setting could cause this?
Most likely that setting does not match the value in other clusters but I could not find any difference in any of the settings between the clusters hence posted here.

Thanks,
Darshan.