install.php -> ERROR 403 - FORBIDDEN

Tom Cloud

Oct 7, 2015, 6:34:00 AM10/7/15
to AJAX-chat
install.php returns a 403 error -- Any ideas why?

I have no problem installing on a different hosting service.

The URL is:
http://cloud-assn.org/chat/install.php

The database is already set up and has chat data in it from previous sessions (I exported / imported the SQL from a different installation that works).

I'm attempting to move the chat room from http://simplyhosting.net to http://hostgator.com.  (simplyhosting.net is the better host, IMO, but the site is currently on hostgator.)

When I visit the login page and log in, there is no indication on the chat page of any user and I can't enter any chat text.  I also can't log out unless I delete the session cookies.
http://cloud-assn.org/chat/

any help appreciated.

Fabian Wilson

Oct 7, 2015, 8:16:50 AM10/7/15
to Tom Cloud, AJAX-chat

This appears to be related to the permissions assigned to the chat folder. Contact your host to find out how to set the permissions.

Tom Cloud

Oct 7, 2015, 11:43:51 AM10/7/15
to AJAX-chat, tcl...@austin.rr.com
I have already checked permissions -- all files are 644 and all directories are 755, no different from the other site where it is working.

I have also looked for an error log but don't see one, hoping to get a clue as to what is the problem.

ClubSyNXTremeTV

Oct 7, 2015, 11:58:18 AM10/7/15
to AJAX-chat
Then I would suggest you direct your issues to hosgators ticket system or live chat for technical support since it seems like a server/hosting issue.