AQE Original - Opensensors.io

Baron Von Sid

May 1, 2017, 3:56:33 PM5/1/17
to #AirQualityEgg
Hi all, I have an original AQE egg, and this suffers from sending all its data to the Xively platform, which I can see this project has now moved away from.

Is it straight forward to switch my egg to send to the AQE V.2 default destination - which I think is opensensors.io ?

I will have a look at the code to see if its possible to switch APIs, but before I do that, is there anything out there that might assist me or does anyone know of something fundamental that might thwart my efforts?

Thanks.

Victor Aprea

May 1, 2017, 4:52:41 PM5/1/17
to #AirQualityEgg
Hi Baron,

Straightforward is relative I guess, but I think the answer is probably not. The firmware is much different, most significantly it needs to act as an MQTT client. As the old EtherCard library did not implement the Arduino Client API, it's not a trivial matter to hook it up to the PubSubLibrary. You might consider purchasing a v2 Air Quality Egg instead, we've come a long way since v1 after all.

Kind Regards,
Vic

Victor Aprea // Wicked Device