UK based Air Quality Egg users wanted for research project

CleanAirUK

Apr 15, 2013, 1:09:08 PM4/15/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I work with Network for Clean Air in the UK. Recently, we received a grant for a number of projects using NO2 diffusion tubes. These diff. tubes are passive devices which allow the average level of NO2 to be assessed. (This is a good background publication: http://laqm.defra.gov.uk/documents/802141004_NO2_WG_PracticalGuidance_Issue1a.pdf)

I'd like to find a few people who are interested in undertaking a research project which involves citing a NO2 gas diffusion tube next to the AQE. The idea is to use the NO2 data from the AQE, and compare it with that measured by the NO2 gas diffusion tube. Note: the diff. tube will only find the average concentrations of NO2 and not the peaks or lows. It should be relatively easy to calculate the average NO2 level from the AQE as the data is exported to COSM which is a public repository. (Please correct me if I'm wrong!).

If you're interested then could you let me know? Either via this list or email contact (at) cleanairuk.org

The project is limited to the UK as I'd need to send a diff. tube to each person taking part and there's a postage cost involved. There's no charge to take part and all of the data would be released to the public. I think it would be better if the AQE was sampling air outside rather than inside but I've no sense of how people are using their AQEs.

Any questions then please, go ahead and ask!

All the best,

Andrew Wood, Co-ordinator Network for Clean Air

http://www.clenairuk.org
http://www.twitter.com/cleanairuk
http://www.facebook.com/cleanairuk

Pat Molloy

Dec 24, 2013, 6:34:35 AM12/24/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com

Hi, have just got my egg up and running and would be happy to help. I'm in Wimbledon, South West London.

AndrewH

Jan 19, 2014, 2:59:58 PM1/19/14
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
On Monday, April 15, 2013 6:09:08 PM UTC+1, CleanAirUK wrote:

Hi Andrew,
If you still need any volunteers for this project, I'd be happy to get involved.
I have an AQE in West, London.
thanks
Andrew

Gavin

Jan 23, 2014, 4:23:18 AM1/23/14
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Andrew, If you still need any volunteers for this project, I'd be happy to get involved. I have an AQE in West, London.thanksAndrew

FWIW I never hd a reply to my offering to help...

Not sure if the project ever got started