Download Tool Revamped

Victor Aprea

Jun 30, 2016, 12:33:41 AM6/30/16
to #AirQualityEgg
Hey all,

I have updated the Download Tool to make it more user friendly and generally de-cluttered the interface. Hope you all like it. Let me know if you have any feedback, always happy to hear from people!

Kind Regards,
Vic

Victor Aprea // Wicked Device

ESPIKE

Aug 8, 2016, 5:37:37 PM8/8/16
to #AirQualityEgg

Hi Vic,

I cannot make the new download tool work for me. First issue is the third window for day and time. What do the 5 minute increments mean and why is there a choice for AM and PM? Second, what do you expect as input in the Duration boxes? I can do days easily but hours and minutes take longer to calculate. If I miscalculate the days, horus and minutes then I cannot download data because I made an error. And third, what are instantaneous and uncompensated values mean?

I'm trying to use the AQE data to teach my high school environmental science students about ozone trends. I live in a non-attainment area for ozone so the download tool makes ozone monitoring relevant. Classes start soon and I hoped to use the download tool this Fall.

Also, what happened to the Xively site? The graphic view was very helpful for a quick comparison of gas concentrations with different time frames.

Thanks,
E.

Victor Aprea

Aug 8, 2016, 6:00:13 PM8/8/16
to #AirQualityEgg

Hi E,

Please email me and we can set up a time to chat so I can help get you up and running.

Specifying time ranges is very (too?) flexible. Durations only make sense in the context I'll of a start our end date, most of which is explained if you click the toggle help button. If you specify both the start and end dates, then just leave the duration fields blank.

Xively basically left us high and dry, but I've been working on some cool stuff to replace their visualizations with.

Kind Regards,
Vic