VOC sensor

Tiffany Litton

Jan 26, 2015, 5:05:41 PM1/26/15
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
I am in need of a VOC sensor and wicked device isn't restocking. Does anyone know where I can get one? I am going to be living next to a hydraulic fracturing well site and would love to get some baseline data before they begin, so I can see how much the VOC's change.

Kevin R. Hart

Feb 6, 2015, 12:48:22 AM2/6/15
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
On Monday, January 26, 2015 at 2:05:41 PM UTC-8, Tiffany Litton wrote:
> I am in need of a VOC sensor and wicked device isn't restocking. Does anyone know where I can get one? I am going to be living next to a hydraulic fracturing well site and would love to get some baseline data before they begin, so I can see how much the VOC's change.

I believe Bosch just came out with a VOC sensor. I haven't evaluated it (yet) but I imagine it works quite well. Sorry to hear about your living situation.

Cheers! -K

Tiffany Litton

Feb 6, 2015, 7:42:20 AM2/6/15
to airqua...@googlegroups.com

Thanks!  I will check it out.

Victor Aprea

Feb 6, 2015, 8:02:10 AM2/6/15
to airqua...@googlegroups.com

Kevin,

You caught my attention. Got a Bosch part number?

Regards,
Vic

On Feb 6, 2015 12:48 AM, "Kevin R. Hart" <ke...@mytzoa.com> wrote:

Victor Aprea

Feb 6, 2015, 8:07:33 AM2/6/15
to airqua...@googlegroups.com

Kevin,

Is this the one you are referring to? Looks cool, I'll look into it and what it takes to integrate.

http://www.bosch-sensortec.com/en/homepage/products_3/environmental_sensors_1/bme680/bme680_2

Regards,
Vic

Kevin R. Hart

Feb 11, 2015, 12:11:48 AM2/11/15
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Exactly it! Although I'm not sure if they've released it to the public yet.

Gary Sumption

Apr 2, 2015, 9:33:34 AM4/2/15
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
On Friday, February 6, 2015 at 1:07:33 PM UTC, vicatcu wrote:
> Kevin,
>
> Is this the one you are referring to? Looks cool, I'll look into it and what it takes to integrate.
>
> http://www.bosch-sensortec.com/en/homepage/products_3/environmental_sensors_1/bme680/bme680_2
>
> Regards,
>
> Vic
>
> On Feb 6, 2015 12:48 AM, "Kevin R. Hart" <ke...@mytzoa.com> wrote:
> On Monday, January 26, 2015 at 2:05:41 PM UTC-8, Tiffany Litton wrote:
>
> > I am in  need of a VOC sensor and wicked device isn't restocking.   Does anyone know where I can get one?   I am going to be living next to a hydraulic fracturing well site and would love to get some baseline data before they begin, so I can see how much the VOC's change.
>

> I believe Bosch just came out with a VOC sensor. I haven't evaluated it (yet) but I imagine it works quite well. Sorry to hear about your living situation.
>

> Cheers! -K
>

> Mmm, never been impressed by solid state 'VOC' sensors especially when they incude the phrase 'gases that can be detected include VOCs'.......

Also notable by omission is any sort of information on sensitivity or resolution.

list BSQ

Sep 13, 2015, 6:14:42 PM9/13/15
to #AirQualityEgg
If you are looking for an out of the box solution: foobot measure voc and led based ppm 2.5. They mention CO2 but that is just based on the VOC measurements.

Dirk Swart

Sep 14, 2015, 3:54:38 PM9/14/15
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Do you know what sensors foobot uses? Their data sheet is pretty light.

Thanks//

On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 6:14 PM, list BSQ <li...@bsq.info> wrote:
If you are looking for an out of the box solution: foobot measure voc and led based ppm 2.5.  They mention CO2 but that is just based on the VOC measurements.

vicatcu

Sep 16, 2015, 10:18:26 PM9/16/15
to #AirQualityEgg

From a technology standpoint, we are pretty close to having a new particulate model of Egg ready. We could see general availability within the 2-3 weeks.

If you are interested in that and other new Egg developments, please take a second to fill out this Google form. We are still actively looking for a solution for VOCs, stay tuned!

Kind Regards,

Vic