particulates vs. CO2 (possibly voc & other gasses)

list BSQ

Sep 13, 2015, 8:41:00 PM9/13/15
to #AirQualityEgg
I am curious as to how the group thinks about opening windows and health. I live in a city where the particulate count is often high, but my CO2 is high indoors if I don't open the windows? I try to open them when the particulate count is lower, but that is not enough.

Dirk Swart

Sep 14, 2015, 9:16:41 AM9/14/15
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Have you thought about having a HEPA filter unit drawing in air from the outside? This will allow both a flow of fresh air and also reduce the particulate count.

Another tiny advantage is it will create a slight overpressure, so there will be tendency for air to leak *out* of other nooks and crannies, rather than leaking in.

On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 8:41 PM, list BSQ <li...@bsq.info> wrote:
I am curious as to how the group thinks about opening windows and health.  I live in a city where the particulate count is often high, but my CO2 is high indoors if I don't open the windows?  I try to open them when the particulate count is lower, but that is not enough.

List

Sep 22, 2015, 8:25:48 PM9/22/15
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
That is a good idea.  Has anyone come across a good window unit that can do this?

Sent from my iPhone
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "#AirQualityEgg" group.