AQE V1 - Any Use now?

Gavin Chester

May 3, 2017, 3:35:23 AM5/3/17
to #AirQualityEgg
Hi

I've a v1 AQE from way back on kickstarter. Is there any use for it now if the backend can't be linked to from a V1 egg?

If there is any anyone in the UK wants my Egg I'm happy to ship it to them, or maybe the the sensors can be re-used. I think mine has temp, VOC and particulate sensors in it.

Dirk Swart

May 3, 2017, 8:50:32 AM5/3/17
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gavin,

We will give you a 20% discount on a V2 egg.

Cheers
Dirk

Gavin Chester

May 4, 2017, 5:50:54 AM5/4/17
to #AirQualityEgg
Hi

Thanks but I'm not interested in replacing it just wondering if it is any use to anyone before it heads to Landfill...

Gavin

Victor Aprea

May 4, 2017, 9:55:31 AM5/4/17
to #AirQualityEgg
Gavin,

FWIW, the firmware source code is still out there, and hardware can be reloaded as a data logger (e.g. to an installed SD cad) by writing a new firmware. It would be a relatively straightforward integration of the SD library examples and the EggBus library. Or even a serial data logger connected to a Raspberry Pi would be similarly straightforward.

Kind Regards,
Vic

Victor Aprea // Wicked Device