Airflow Meetup on March 28th!

Maxime Beauchemin

Mar 1, 2016, 4:57:18 PM3/1/16
to Airflow
Hey!

Airbnb will be hosting the very first Airflow meetup at Airbnb HQ (888 Brannan, in SF) on March 28th.

We're planning on doing this regularly, and want to put a good line up of food, drinks and talks for you all.

It should be pretty informal, but here's a draft of the schedule for the night:
* meet, geet and eat
* updates on the project, roadmap & upcoming Airbnb sprints
* present advanced/complex Airbnb Airflow use cases (A/B testing framework, anomaly detection or something of that nature)
* Sid Anand will share about how they use Airflow at Agari
* Q/A for the core project team
* Community open mic, step up and make announcements if you're recruiting, looking for help, planning on working on a feature, ...
* Define list of subjects of interest on a whiteboard for breaking into subject specific subgroups for discussion

Please RSVP here:
https://www.airbnb.com/meetups/daywndmbd-airflow

We're planning on starting to have Airflow meetups regularly, so stay tuned!

Max

Iver Walkoe

Mar 8, 2016, 4:56:40 PM3/8/16
to Airflow
While I'd love to be there (haven't been to the Bay Area in far, far too long) I'm here in Chicago (which ain't that bad :-)

Will talks be video-taped and/or slides provided?

Use-cases with sample DAGs and other code snippets are much appreciated!

Obi Nwoke

Mar 9, 2016, 1:38:00 PM3/9/16
to Airflow
Seconded. I'm in LA and not sure I can swing a trip up North, but would love to be involved!

George Leslie-Waksman

Mar 16, 2016, 2:55:52 PM3/16/16
to Airflow
Seems to have filled up. A couple of my co-workers are interested and failed to get on the list.

What are the chances more spots will be made available?

Maxime Beauchemin

Mar 16, 2016, 3:17:19 PM3/16/16
to Airflow
We just opened 10 more spots!

Frank Wang

Mar 29, 2016, 1:56:13 AM3/29/16
to Airflow
can you please share some of the PPT you guys showed today, thanks

cha...@turo.com

Mar 29, 2016, 2:49:40 PM3/29/16
to Airflow
Hello,

Can we get access to a recording of the presentation, or at least the slides please?

That'd be of great help!

Thanks