V1.4.6

Gary

Jan 26, 2013, 12:53:58 PM1/26/13
to ai...@googlegroups.com
I'm starting to get ready for the next release. I got the current source and built. I did my usual thorough test, built a simple app and ran it. I have not used it to build an apk or done any real testing.

but

My goal for V1.4.6 is to add support back in for the manifest. I may add support back in for using current tools. I want to work with the AICompanion, get it working on more devices. I would love to be able to work with the emulator.

but...

It all takes time and I am set up to get V1.4.6 up with whatever MIT does with their next release and get the manifest back in.

I can put the jar files up if someone wants to play before the official release. I did not see a lot of big changes that most of us will want, but they did fix some bugs and kick it up a notch with the AICompanion and some other stuff.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Gary

Dennis A.

Jan 26, 2013, 7:33:59 PM1/26/13
to ai...@googlegroups.com
ok... I give.. :-)
what is AICompanion ?

Dennis

On Saturday, January 26, 2013 12:53:58 PM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
..My goal for V1.4.6 is to add support back in for the manifest. I may add support back in for using current tools.

Gary

Jan 27, 2013, 6:34:09 AM1/27/13
to ai...@googlegroups.com

Gareth Haylings

Jan 27, 2013, 9:56:16 AM1/27/13
to ai...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gary

I would love to give it a go. Would it just me a matter of replace the appengine folder in my personal server with a new one for v1.4.6?

I know I will need to download my projects from V1.4.5 which I do as routine anyway.

On Sunday, 27 January 2013 11:34:09 UTC, Gary wrote:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=edu.mit.appinventor.aicompanion2

Gary

Jan 27, 2013, 10:16:20 AM1/27/13
to ai...@googlegroups.com
You could set up another folder - V1.4.6 and put the App Engine and BuildServer folders for V1.4.6 (alpha) in there. Then it is the same as running V1.4.5. You will get a new database from the App Engine part so you would import your source.

AICompanion did not work - version issue. uhhh I do not remember if I tested it in V1.4.5, it may not have worked there.

I'm still playing with it. soon(ish)

Gareth Haylings

Jan 28, 2013, 8:11:55 AM1/28/13
to ai...@googlegroups.com
I can confirm MITaicompanion works in V1.4.5 as I've beem using it instead of USB tethering on my Samsung Galaxy S2 and Tab 2.

Gary

Jan 28, 2013, 8:35:18 AM1/28/13
to ai...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the heads up
One less thing for me to test!

I have V1.4.6 started, I got recent changes from MIT and added the ai4a V1.4.5 code (with a little clean up - it's hard to leave code alone - it is so easy to tweak just a bit :-S)

The biggest thing that is standing in my way currently is deciding what to do with git. I build a new repository and am starting clean. Now I do not know the best way to keep it clean, I am reading (hours each day for the last 3-4 days) and carefully poking and am learning more, but I want to start hacking :-)

Gareth Haylings

Jan 28, 2013, 4:19:25 PM1/28/13
to ai...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gary

Got the personal server running with V1.4.6a and everything seems to work fine. I then imported my mad loops soundboard app which imported fine. When I opened the block editor I had the following message.

I clicked ok and looked for blocks outlined in red as mentioned in the message box but there doesn't seem to be any in my project.
Is this is a message just a precaution or should I be able to see any blocks outlined in red?

Gareth Haylings

Jan 28, 2013, 4:54:45 PM1/28/13
to ai...@googlegroups.com
Sorry my mistake. I had a notifier. I needed to change this block as in now has a cancelable option

Gareth Haylings

Jan 28, 2013, 5:44:01 PM1/28/13
to ai...@googlegroups.com
The app package to my phone without any issues on V1.4.6a.

One thing I have noticed. I am using Google chrome and closed down app inventor and the dosbox running startai.cmd. I then open Google chrome backup and typed in the address localhost:8888 to carry on working in app inventor. App inventor started up. I then opened the block editor. The strange thing is I hadn't restarted startai.cmd but App Inventor is still works as it should?

Does an App Inventor process still in memory after you have closed the startai.cmd dosbox?

Gary

Jan 29, 2013, 6:57:15 AM1/29/13
to ai...@googlegroups.com
The cmd is not very smart. It leaves the App Engine part running.

I test (a lot - regardless of what I say...) and have to reboot - a lot.

If someone comes up with better scripts, we can add them to the package!

Gary

Gary

Jan 29, 2013, 7:07:24 AM1/29/13
to ai...@googlegroups.com
and

V1.4.6a is an alpha...

It's whatever MIT had in their source and the ai4a updates to run and build on Windows and the >5Mb mod.

alpha
Like the show Alphas on Syfi, it can be canceled ;-)

Gary

Gary

Jan 29, 2013, 7:08:29 AM1/29/13
to ai...@googlegroups.com

On Monday, January 28, 2013 3:54:45 PM UTC-6, Gareth Haylings wrote:
Sorry my mistake. I had a notifier. I needed to change this block as in now has a cancelable option

Nice

Was it hard to find the block?

Gareth Haylings

Jan 29, 2013, 9:11:22 AM1/29/13
to ai...@googlegroups.com
As I keep all my blocks collapsed none were initially highlighted in red. What I had to do was expand each block in turn until I found the notifier which was highlighted in red (At last count I had about 130 or so blocks) It was by luck more that anything I found it. I remembered from the hangout on 12th January the new Cancelable option was mentioned in the Notifier. Took me about 10minutes to find it in my project.

Like you, I also tried the MITaicompanion with V1.4.6a. Shame WIFI doesn't work with this version at the moment. I prefer using that connection method when debugging. Never mind, not a problem using the tethered way instead.

Gary

Jan 29, 2013, 12:05:05 PM1/29/13
to ai...@googlegroups.com
I just got part of the code that handles the manifest working in a version of V1.4.6.

part of the code... I am testing and going slow.

The manifest code will let you edit a manifest and then use it when you build the apk.

Gary

Jan 29, 2013, 2:58:22 PM1/29/13
to ai...@googlegroups.com
and I think I got the rest of the manifest code working.

How the manifest stuff works:

Every time you run the buldserver it looks at the components you have and comes up with what permissions are needed to run. It then builds an AndroidManifest.xml in a temporary location that it then uses as part of the build.

What I did was if you have set up a place to put a copy of the manifest for that project, it copies the manifest it just built there. It then looks and sees if you have a manifest for that project and replaces the manifest it generated with your manifest.

It uses a folder in your tmp directory. On Windows 7 it is C:\Users\<youruser>\AppData\Local\Temp

To get it to work, you create a folder called ai4a in your tmpdir and add a file called "appinventor.ai_<yourEmail>.<theProject>.xml"

So if your Windows user name is Gary and you are working on a project called test and your email is 'ga...@gmail.com', the file will be named
  C:\Users\Gary\AppData\Local\Temp\ai4a\appinventor.ai_gary.test.AndroidManifest.xml

The tmpdir is C:\Users\Gary\AppData\Local\Temp
You put it in a folder ai4a
The file with the manifest is appinventor.ai_gary.test.xml

The project is appinventor.ai_gary.test. You can get that by looking in the source zip at youngandroidproject/project.properties
which has a line
 'main=appinventor.ai_ggf.test.Screen1'
That is the main screen. Remove .Screen1 and you have what you name the xml file.

Your edited file is about the same, it is C:\Users\Gary\AppData\Local\Temp\ai4a\appinventor.ai_gary.test.AndroidManifest.xml
that's the file with AndroidManifest added before .xml.

Here is the manifest for a simple app, it just changes a label when you click a button

=====
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" package="appinventor.ai_gary.test" android:versionCode="1" android:versionName="1.0" >
  <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
  <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE" />
  <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" />
  <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="3" />
  <application android:debuggable="false" android:label="test" android:icon="@drawable/ya" >
    <activity android:name=".Screen1" android:windowSoftInputMode="stateHidden" android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden">
      <intent-filter>
        <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
        <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
      </intent-filter>
    </activity>
    <activity android:name="com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.ListPickerActivity" android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden" android:screenOrientation="behind">
    </activity>
    <activity android:name="com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.WebViewActivity" android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden" android:screenOrientation="behind">
      <intent-filter>
        <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
      </intent-filter>
    </activity>
  </application>
</manifest>
=====

and here is what you can edit that example down to

=====
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" package="appinventor.ai_gary.test" android:versionCode="1" android:versionName="1.0" >
  <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="3" />
  <application android:debuggable="false" android:label="test" android:icon="@drawable/ya" >
    <activity android:name=".Screen1" android:windowSoftInputMode="stateHidden" android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden">
      <intent-filter>
        <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
        <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
      </intent-filter>
    </activity>
  </application>
</manifest>
=====

It is a bit cleaner for those that are putting apps into Google Play.
It is very easy to set up and use.

Now to test some more and then put a version out. (another alpha version :-))

Gareth Haylings

Jan 29, 2013, 4:21:11 PM1/29/13
to ai...@googlegroups.com
Very cool stuff Gary. Great work :-).

I have a question. Currently when I create a project in app inventor and publish it to an APK and install it on my 4.7" galaxy s2 the graphics look sharp and clear but when I install the same APK on my galaxy tab2 10.1" the quality of the graphics are blurry and not very clear. Is this something that could be improved by editing the manifest file and adding a few lines?

Why I ask this is because last year I published an APK from app inventor and put it through App2Market and then install the new APK on an andriod device with a large screen and on my galaxy s2. On both devices the graphic quality was very sharp and clear.

I don't know much about the manifest file other than the little bits I read today from link below:

Cheers
Gareth

Gary

Jan 29, 2013, 6:03:26 PM1/29/13
to ai...@googlegroups.com
Give it a try. It's easy to change the manifest, test, change again and test again.

Does the app from last year look good on the tab2?

Gareth Haylings

Jan 30, 2013, 6:27:53 AM1/30/13
to ai...@googlegroups.com
Looks very sharp and crisp on the tab 2. I will post 2 screenshots later so you campare the image quality for yourself.

I haven't got the tab on me at the moment, but when I get home from work I'll take a screenshot of the app running on the tablet as it is when installed directly from app inventor and another screenshot when you put the app through app2market. You will see the difference in quality of the image.

Another question can the manifest file be change in both v1.4.5 and v1.4.6a in the same way or is this just on v1.4.6a?

Gary

Jan 30, 2013, 6:38:37 AM1/30/13
to ai...@googlegroups.com

On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:27:53 AM UTC-6, Gareth Haylings wrote:
Looks very sharp and crisp on the tab 2. I will post 2 screenshots later so you campare the image quality for yourself.

I haven't got the tab on me at the moment, but when I get home from work I'll take a screenshot of the app running on the tablet as it is when installed directly from app inventor and another screenshot when you put the app through app2market. You will see the difference in quality of the image.

Good.

I am currently working on examples and testing on various devices. Droid X, Nexus 7, Google TV and emulator.
I want to get a better understanding what works where. Your tests will be useful.

Can you get an apk that looks crisp? We can look at the manifest and see if Gene put something into it that made it better.

Another question can the manifest file be change in both v1.4.5 and v1.4.6a in the same way or is this just on v1.4.6a?

V1.4.6 will have the code to change the manifest. With V1.4.5 you have to use a third party tool.
FWIW V1.2/V1.3  also could change the manifest. I used a different way to 'signal' the server to do it, but you could change the manifest.

Gary

Jan 30, 2013, 6:41:59 AM1/30/13
to ai...@googlegroups.com
and

I put a version up that has the manifest code.

V1.4.6a.1

It is V1.4.6a with the manifest code.

I think MIT is close to releasing a new version. When that happens, I get the last bit of code and release V1.4.6.
soon (I hope)

Gareth Haylings

Jan 30, 2013, 7:19:01 AM1/30/13
to ai...@googlegroups.com
Just downloading it now.So excited :-)

So just to clarify the procedure for using the your own manifest  file with V1.4.6a.1

Are these the correct steps to use your own manifest file:
I know my directory name and manifest file name will be slightly different.

1 - create  folder ai4a inside C:\Users\Gary\AppData\Local\Temp

2 - open app inventor and a project and publish the APK

3 - Inside the C:\Users\Gary\AppData\Local\Temp\ai4a\ there will now be a file called appinventor.ai_gary.test.AndroidManifest.xml

4) Copy C:\Users\Gary\AppData\Local\Temp\ai4a\appinventor.ai_gary.test.AndroidManifest.xml to C:\Users\Gary\AppData\Local\Temp\ai4a\appinventor.ai_gary.test.xml

5) Edit appinventor.ai_gary.test.xml and make your own changes

Gary

Jan 30, 2013, 10:07:00 AM1/30/13
to ai...@googlegroups.com
close

    1. create  folder ai4a inside C:\Users\Gary\AppData\Local\Temp
    1. create a file appinventor.ai_gary.test.xml inside C:\Users\Gary\AppData\Local\Temp\ai4a
    When you run the buildserver (create an apk) for a project test
    it will find the ai4a folder and also the file for that project
    and will save the manifest it creates in the file.

    Copy the file to C:\Users\Gary\AppData\Local\Temp\ai4a\appinventor.ai_gary.test.AndroidManifest.xml
    edit it and run the buildserver again.

    And you will have an apk with your edited manifest.

    You set it up once and it uses the manifest you came up with.

    So you get ready by adding the ai4a folder.
    You get going by putting a file in with the right user email and project name.
    You replace the manifest by adding AndroidManifest to the file name for your manifest.

    Gary

    Gareth Haylings

    Jan 30, 2013, 1:37:53 PM1/30/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    Here a comparison of the app when output from app inventor and when it is put through app2market

    The graphics become more crisp when the APK output from app inventor is put through App2Market. Must be something done in the manifest. The last time I used App2market was about a year ago and I just tried to pass another APK through the package. It created a new apk but for some reason would install on my Tab 2. Not sure why.

    Gary

    Jan 30, 2013, 1:46:15 PM1/30/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    The App2Market version does not have a title at the top.
    Did you do something to remove the title?

    Gareth Haylings

    Jan 30, 2013, 1:49:33 PM1/30/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    Yeah there are options to remove it

    Gareth Haylings

    Jan 30, 2013, 1:56:18 PM1/30/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com

    Here is a screenshot of the setting you can do in App2market

    Below is a sample manifest that App2market creates when you mode the setting

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

    <!-- ****
         **** Generated by AppToMaret on Wed Jan 30 18:51:29 GMT 2013
         **** If you wish, you can update this file to your needs.
         **** If updating, it has to be done prior to clicking 'Create New .apk' button AppToMarket
         **** However, please make sure that your updates WILL NOT break the functionality.
         **** For example, removing permissions, could cause runtime exceptions
         ****
    -->
    <manifest android:versionCode="1"
    android:installLocation="auto" android:versionName="1.0" package="appinventor.ai_kkashi01.test1"
        <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
        <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE" />
        <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_CONTACTS" />
        <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" />
        <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="3" />
        <supports-screens android:resizeable="true" android:smallScreens="true" android:normalScreens="true" android:largeScreens="true" android:anyDensity="false" />
    <application android:label="test1" android:icon="@drawable/ya"  android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar"  android:debuggable="false">
            <activity android:name=".Screen1" android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation" android:windowSoftInputMode="stateHidden">
                <intent-filter>
                    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
                    <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
                </intent-filter>
            </activity>
            <activity android:name="appinventor.ai_kkashi01.test1.Screen2" android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation" android:windowSoftInputMode="stateHidden">
                <intent-filter>
                    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
                </intent-filter>
            </activity>

            <activity android:name="com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.WebViewActivity" android:screenOrientation="behind" android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation">
                <intent-filter>
                    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
                </intent-filter>
            </activity>
        <activity android:name="com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.ListPickerActivity" android:screenOrientation="behind" android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation"  android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Black" />
    </application>
    </manifest>

    Gary

    Jan 30, 2013, 2:02:07 PM1/30/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com

    android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar"

    What happens when you have that theme?
    sharp?
    no change?

    Gary

    Jan 30, 2013, 2:03:53 PM1/30/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    I just tested V1.4.6a.1 and got a version not compatable.
    I am doing other things so do not know if it is me or if I messed up the zip on sorceforge (not that I would do that :-P)

    Anyone building apks with V1.4.6a.1?

    Gareth Haylings

    Jan 30, 2013, 2:49:59 PM1/30/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com

    I am building apks with V1.4.6a.1 at the moment. It seems to be working but not looking at the new manifest file.

    I've attached the project  mytest.zip, the package file mytest.apk and the manifest I am using I haven't altered this at the moment, just change to the name format for the project as you stated. I think I am doing everything correctly.  I have the manifest in the folder as temp\ai4a folder as you mentioned as you can see below:

    I watch the temp folder and noticed 2 extra folders being created while the APK was being built. I have attatched a 1359573364735-0.zip file containing one of the folders, the other was empty. I had to copy them quickly as they where automatically deleted once the APK had been generated.

    Below is a copy of the dosbox as it is building

    8-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\zoom_enter_reverse.xml

      anim\zoom_exit.xml

        Src: () C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1359573364737_0.801319219397374

    8-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\zoom_exit.xml

      anim\zoom_exit_reverse.xml

        Src: () C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1359573364737_0.801319219397374

    8-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\zoom_exit_reverse.xml

      drawable\ya.png

        Src: () C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1359573364737_0.801319219397374

    8-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\drawable\ya.png

      AndroidManifest.xml

        Src: () C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1359573364737_0.801319219397374

    8-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\AndroidManifest.xml

    Resource Dirs:

      Type anim

        anim\fadein.xml

          Src: () C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1359573364737_0.8013192193973

    748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\fadein.xml

        anim\fadeout.xml

          Src: () C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1359573364737_0.8013192193973

    748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\fadeout.xml

        anim\hold.xml

          Src: () C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1359573364737_0.8013192193973

    748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\hold.xml

        anim\slide_enter.xml

          Src: () C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1359573364737_0.8013192193973

    748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\slide_enter.xml

        anim\slide_enter_reverse.xml

          Src: () C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1359573364737_0.8013192193973

    748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\slide_enter_reverse.xml

        anim\slide_exit.xml

          Src: () C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1359573364737_0.8013192193973

    748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\slide_exit.xml

        anim\slide_exit_reverse.xml

          Src: () C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1359573364737_0.8013192193973

    748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\slide_exit_reverse.xml

        anim\slide_v_enter.xml

          Src: () C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1359573364737_0.8013192193973

    748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\slide_v_enter.xml

        anim\slide_v_enter_reverse.xml

          Src: () C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1359573364737_0.8013192193973

    748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\slide_v_enter_reverse.xml

        anim\slide_v_exit.xml

          Src: () C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1359573364737_0.8013192193973

    748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\slide_v_exit.xml

        anim\slide_v_exit_reverse.xml

          Src: () C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1359573364737_0.8013192193973

    748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\slide_v_exit_reverse.xml

        anim\zoom_enter.xml

          Src: () C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1359573364737_0.8013192193973

    748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\zoom_enter.xml

        anim\zoom_enter_reverse.xml

          Src: () C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1359573364737_0.8013192193973

    748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\zoom_enter_reverse.xml

        anim\zoom_exit.xml

          Src: () C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1359573364737_0.8013192193973

    748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\zoom_exit.xml

        anim\zoom_exit_reverse.xml

          Src: () C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1359573364737_0.8013192193973

    748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\zoom_exit_reverse.xml

      Type drawable

        drawable\ya.png

          Src: () C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1359573364737_0.8013192193973

    748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\drawable\ya.png

    Including resources from package: C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\android63

    95043921726499550.jar

    applyFileOverlay for drawable

    applyFileOverlay for layout

    applyFileOverlay for anim

    applyFileOverlay for animator

    applyFileOverlay for interpolator

    applyFileOverlay for xml

    applyFileOverlay for raw

    applyFileOverlay for color

    applyFileOverlay for menu

    applyFileOverlay for mipmap

    Processing image: C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1359573364737_0.801319219

    3973748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\drawable\ya.png

        (processed image C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1359573364737_0.801319

    2193973748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\drawable\ya.png: 103% size of sour

    ce)

        (new resource id ya from drawable\ya.png #generated)

        (new resource id fadein from C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1359573364

    737_0.8013192193973748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\fadein.xml)

        (new resource id fadeout from C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\135957336

    4737_0.8013192193973748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\fadeout.xml)

        (new resource id hold from C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\135957336473

    7_0.8013192193973748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\hold.xml)

        (new resource id slide_enter from C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\13595

    73364737_0.8013192193973748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\slide_enter.

    xml)

        (new resource id slide_enter_reverse from C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Te

    mp\1359573364737_0.8013192193973748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\slid

    e_enter_reverse.xml)

        (new resource id slide_exit from C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\135957

    3364737_0.8013192193973748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\slide_exit.xm

    l)

        (new resource id slide_exit_reverse from C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Tem

    p\1359573364737_0.8013192193973748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\slide

    _exit_reverse.xml)

        (new resource id slide_v_enter from C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\135

    9573364737_0.8013192193973748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\slide_v_en

    ter.xml)

        (new resource id slide_v_enter_reverse from C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\

    Temp\1359573364737_0.8013192193973748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\sl

    ide_v_enter_reverse.xml)

        (new resource id slide_v_exit from C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1359

    573364737_0.8013192193973748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\slide_v_exi

    t.xml)

        (new resource id slide_v_exit_reverse from C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\T

    emp\1359573364737_0.8013192193973748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\sli

    de_v_exit_reverse.xml)

    Jan 30, 2013 7:18:19 PM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.Compiler runAaptPacka

    ge

    INFO: AAPT time: 4.627 seconds

        (new resource id zoom_enter from C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\135957

    3364737_0.8013192193973748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\zoom_enter.xm

    l)

    Jan 30, 2013 7:18:19 PM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.Compiler setProgress

    INFO: The current progress is 90%

        (new resource id zoom_enter_reverse from C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Tem

    p\1359573364737_0.8013192193973748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\zoom_

    enter_reverse.xml)

        (new resource id zoom_exit from C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1359573

    364737_0.8013192193973748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\zoom_exit.xml)

    Packaging mytest.apk

        (new resource id zoom_exit_reverse from C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp

    \1359573364737_0.8013192193973748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\res\anim\zoom_e

    xit_reverse.xml)

    Creating 'C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1359573364737_0.8013192193973748-

    0\youngandroidproject\..\build\deploy\mytest.ap_'

    Writing all files...

    C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1359573364737_0.8013192193973748-0\youngand

    roidproject\..\build\deploy\mytest.ap_:

          'res/anim/fadein.xml' (compressed 51%)

    => res/anim/fadein.xml

          'res/anim/fadeout.xml' (compressed 51%)

    => res/anim/fadeout.xml

          'res/anim/hold.xml' (compressed 53%)

    => res/anim/hold.xml

          'res/anim/slide_enter.xml' (compressed 52%)

    => res/anim/slide_enter.xml

          'res/anim/slide_enter_reverse.xml' (compressed 52%)

    => res/anim/slide_enter_reverse.xml

          'res/anim/slide_exit.xml' (compressed 53%)

    => res/anim/slide_exit.xml

          'res/anim/slide_exit_reverse.xml' (compressed 52%)

    => res/anim/slide_exit_reverse.xml

          'res/anim/slide_v_enter.xml' (compressed 52%)

    => res/anim/slide_v_enter.xml

          'res/anim/slide_v_enter_reverse.xml' (compressed 52%)

    => res/anim/slide_v_enter_reverse.xml

          'res/anim/slide_v_exit.xml' (compressed 52%)

    => res/anim/slide_v_exit.xml

    => res/anim/slide_v_exit_reverse.xml

    => res/anim/zoom_enter.xml

          'res/anim/slide_v_exit_reverse.xml' (compressed 52%)

    => res/anim/zoom_enter_reverse.xml

          'res/anim/zoom_enter.xml' (compressed 57%)

    => res/anim/zoom_exit.xml

          'res/anim/zoom_enter_reverse.xml' (compressed 58%)

    => res/anim/zoom_exit_reverse.xml

          'res/anim/zoom_exit.xml' (compressed 59%)

    => res/drawable/ya.png

          'res/anim/zoom_exit_reverse.xml' (compressed 60%)

    => AndroidManifest.xml

          'res/drawable/ya.png' (not compressed)

    => resources.arsc

          'AndroidManifest.xml' (compressed 68%)

    C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1359573364737_0.8013192193973748-0\youngand

    roidproject\..\build\tmp\classes.dex => classes.dex

          'resources.arsc' (not compressed)

    Generated 18 files

    Included 0 files from jar/zip files.

    Checking for deleted files

    Done!

    Jan 30, 2013 7:18:21 PM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.Compiler setProgress

    INFO: The current progress is 95%

    Jan 30, 2013 7:18:21 PM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.Execution execute

    INFO: ____Executing C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_11\bin\jarsigner.exe -digesta

    lg SHA1 -sigalg MD5withRSA -keystore C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\135957

    3364737_0.8013192193973748-0\android.keystore -storepass android C:\Users\GARETH

    ~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1359573364737_0.8013192193973748-0\youngandroidproject\..\

    build\deploy\mytest.apk AndroidKey

    Jan 30, 2013 7:18:29 PM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.Execution execute

    INFO: ____Executing C:/Users/GARETH~1/AppData/Local/Temp/zipalign250019907096213

    1075 -f 4 C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1359573364737_0.8013192193973748-

    0\youngandroidproject\..\build\deploy\mytest.apk C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local

    \Temp\1359573364737_0.8013192193973748-0\youngandroidproject\..\build\tmp\zipali

    gned.apk

    Jan 30, 2013 7:18:29 PM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.Compiler runZipAlign

    INFO: ZIPALIGN time: 0.134 seconds

    Jan 30, 2013 7:18:29 PM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.Compiler setProgress

    INFO: The current progress is 100%

    Jan 30, 2013 7:18:29 PM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.BuildServer build

    3748-0/youngandroidproject/../src/appinventor/ai_Gareth_Haylings/mytest/Screen1.

    arning - more than one possibly applicable method 'put' in gnu.mapping.Environme

    arning - more than one possibly applicable method 'get' in gnu.mapping.Environme

    arning - more than one possibly applicable method 'put' in gnu.mapping.Environme

    arning - more than one possibly applicable method 'put' in gnu.mapping.Environme

    arning - more than one possibly applicable method 'get' in gnu.mapping.Environme

    arning - more than one possibly applicable method 'remove' in gnu.mapping.Enviro

    arning - more than one possibly applicable method 'remove' in gnu.mapping.Enviro

    warning - more than one possibly applicable method 'put' in gnu.mapping.Environm

    warning - more than one possibly applicable method 'put' in gnu.mapping.Environm

    arning - more than one possibly applicable method 'put' in gnu.mapping.Environme

    arning - more than one possibly applicable method 'put' in gnu.mapping.Environme

    arning - more than one possibly applicable method 'get' in gnu.mapping.Environme

    warning - more than one possibly applicable method 'makeList' in com.google.appi

     warning - more than one possibly applicable method 'replace' in java.lang.Strin

    warning - more than one possibly applicable method 'makeText' in android.widget.

    Jan 30, 2013 7:18:29 PM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.BuildServer build

    INFO: Build error output:

    Jan 30, 2013 7:18:30 PM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.BuildServer checkMemo

    ry

    INFO: Build 2 current used memory: 9383728 bytes

    Jan 30, 2013 7:18:30 PM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.BuildServer$1 run

    INFO: CallbackURL: http://localhost:8888/ode2/receivebuild/d6l0yjphc9q5f4m04p1gg

    eybtgwr1ksw35lx4ke0ma75mqyrkjlarvaod70dzpx01li9v8m8jhuhwuiub8uuoqbpp38lsxpaagi4o

    60plm5k1j9wz4dslegw4ec5jmo5zgue3kktbz/build/Android

    Jan 30, 2013 7:18:30 PM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.BuildServer checkMemo

    ry

    INFO: Build 2 current used memory: 11381128 bytes

    Jan 30, 2013 7:18:32 PM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.BuildServer checkMemo

    ry

    INFO: Build 2 current used memory: 11382264 bytes

    Jan 30, 2013 7:18:32 PM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.BuildServer$1 run

    INFO: BUILD 2 FINISHED

    1359573364735-0.zip
    mytest.zip
    mytest.apk
    appinventor.ai_Gareth_Haylings.mytest.AndroidManifest.xml

    Gareth Haylings

    Jan 30, 2013, 2:58:20 PM1/30/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    Currently I am starting launch-buildserver.cmd. I've just noticed there is another file in the V1.6.4a.1 Buildserver folder called buildserver-apk.cmd should I be using this?

    If so will I need to change the  bits I have highlighted in red?

    cd /d %~dp0

    set inputfile=..\test.zip
    set userName=te...@user.net
    set outputDir=..
    cd lib
    REM for 64bit
    java -Xmx1828m -cp activation-1.1.jar;jersey-bundle-1.3.jar;args4j-2.0.18.jar;jersey-multipart-1.3.jar;asm-3.1.jar;commons-io-2.0.1.jar;jettison-1.1.jar;BuildServer.jar;json.jar;CommonUtils.jar;jsr311-api-1.1.1.jar;CommonVersion.jar;localizer.jar;FastInfoset-1.2.2.jar;mail-1.4.jar;grizzly-servlet-webserver-1.9.18-i.jar;guava-11.0.1.jar;rome-0.9.jar;http-20070405.jar;sdklib.jar;jackson-core-asl-1.9.4.jar;stax-api-1.0-2.jar;jaxb-api-2.1.jar;wadl2java.jar;jaxb-impl-2.1.10.jar;wadl-cmdline.jar;jaxb-xjc.jar;wadl-core.jar;jdom-1.0.jar -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 com.google.appinventor.buildserver.Main --inputZipFile %inputfile% --userName %username% --outputDir %outputdir%

    Gary

    Jan 30, 2013, 3:09:06 PM1/30/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    buildserver-apk.cmd helps you run the buildserver with a zip. You could do your development with App Inventor and when you are  ready, get the manifest, modify it and then generate an apk with the manifest you edited.

    Gary

    Gary

    Jan 30, 2013, 3:17:06 PM1/30/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com

    On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 1:49:59 PM UTC-6, Gareth Haylings wrote:

    I am building apks with V1.4.6a.1 at the moment. It seems to be working but not looking at the new manifest file.

    I've attached the project  mytest.zip, the package file mytest.apk and the manifest I am using I haven't altered this at the moment, just change to the name format for the project as you stated. I think I am doing everything correctly.  I have the manifest in the folder as temp\ai4a folder as you mentioned as you can see below:

    The file to get the buildserver to give you a copy of the manifest it generates needs to be named

    ...\ai4a\appinventor.ai_Gareth_Haylings.mytest.xml

    I watch the temp folder and noticed 2 extra folders being created while the APK was being built. I have attatched a 1359573364735-0.zip file containing one of the folders, the other was empty. I had to copy them quickly as they where automatically deleted once the APK had been generated.

    They are part of the build process. You can ignore them.

    Below is a copy of the dosbox as it is building

    looks good
    :-)

    Gary

    Jan 30, 2013, 4:35:13 PM1/30/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    It was an 'old' copy running. I sometimes get tangled up when I am testing
    all ok now

    don't know why, but I am

    and then I'm moving on.
    :-)

    Gareth Haylings

    Jan 30, 2013, 5:28:13 PM1/30/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    Help :-(

    Still trying to get my manifest file to be used. This time using the buildserver-apk.cmd and edited it as below in red

    cd /d %~dp0

    set inputfile=c:\temp\mytest.zip
    set outputDir=c:\temp\app
    cd lib
    REM for 64bit
    java -Xmx1828m -cp activation-1.1.jar;jersey-bundle-1.3.jar;args4j-2.0.18.jar;jersey-multipart-1.3.jar;asm-3.1.jar;commons-io-2.0.1.jar;jettison-1.1.jar;BuildServer.jar;json.jar;CommonUtils.jar;jsr311-api-1.1.1.jar;CommonVersion.jar;localizer.jar;FastInfoset-1.2.2.jar;mail-1.4.jar;grizzly-servlet-webserver-1.9.18-i.jar;guava-11.0.1.jar;rome-0.9.jar;http-20070405.jar;sdklib.jar;jackson-core-asl-1.9.4.jar;stax-api-1.0-2.jar;jaxb-api-2.1.jar;wadl2java.jar;jaxb-impl-2.1.10.jar;wadl-cmdline.jar;jaxb-xjc.jar;wadl-core.jar;jdom-1.0.jar -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 com.google.appinventor.buildserver.Main --inputZipFile %inputfile% --userName %username% --outputDir %outputdir%

    My manifest file has the right name and is in the correct folder  C:\Users\Gareth Haylings\AppData\Local\Temp\ai4a\appinventor.ai_Gareth_Haylings.mytest.xml

    I added the this to my manifest

     <supports-screens android:resizeable="true" android:smallScreens="true" android:normalScreens="true" android:largeScreens="true" android:anyDensity="false" />

    and

    android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar"

    The manifest now looks like the following

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" package="appinventor.ai_Gareth_Haylings.mytest" android:versionCode="1" android:versionName="1.0" >
      <application android:debuggable="false" android:label="mytest" android:icon="@drawable/ya" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar">
[...]

    The APK is generated and I install in on the tab 2 but titlebar is still there (From the extra lines of code in the manifest  this should have gone). Another thing I noticed, when the apk has been generated the extra lines of code I added no longer are in the manifest file I created?

    Gareth Haylings

    Jan 30, 2013, 6:19:33 PM1/30/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    YES YES YES!!!! EEEEEEEK!

    Don't it!!!!

    Excited

    :-)

    Below is a screenshot without manifest edited

    Below is the screenshot with manifest file edited to make graphics sharper and get rid of titlebar :-)

    I tried numerous time to do it as you mention but didn't seem to have any effect to the apk as the manifest kept on reverting back to the orignial and removing the lines I had added.

    How I eventually got it to work is as the project was being built an APK in the local\temp folder I waited for the build directory to appear then overwrote the AndroidManifest.xml with my own moded AndroidManifest.xml. I had to be pretty quick in doing this but it worked.

    So excited.

    The line to make the graphics better is
     <supports-screens android:resizeable="true" android:smallScreens="true" android:normalScreens="true" android:largeScreens="true" android:anyDensity="false" />

    and to get rid of the titlebar

    android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar"

    so the manifest looks like this

[...]

    I can now get rid of the titlebar and make the graphic quality better on all my apps. :-)

    I wasn't able to do the manifest mode as you mention as the manifest file didn't seem

    On Wednesday, 30 January 2013 22:28:13 UTC, Gareth Haylings wrote:
    Help :-(

    Still trying to get my manifest file to be used. This time using the buildserver-apk.cmd and edited it as below in red

    cd /d %~dp0

    set inputfile=c:\temp\mytest.zip

    Sebastiano T.

    Jan 31, 2013, 5:56:33 AM1/31/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    Hi Gareth!
    i'm happy you discovered it by yourself, i was going to write the same,
    when we use ApptoMarket or Marketizer Cloud those programs are making changes to the manifest,
    and from those lines in the manifest you can remove the title bar and if you put the tag android:resizeable="true" all the graphic assets of your application get scaled for optimal viewing.
    If with Gary server we can edit easily the manifest, then it will just be a matter of copy/paste the right tags to the manifest in order to compile apps ready for multiple screen sizes

    Keep up the good work Gary :)

    Sebastián Segovia

    Jan 31, 2013, 5:57:54 AM1/31/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com

    Good gary

    Gary

    Jan 31, 2013, 6:48:19 AM1/31/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    :-)

    and

    Gareth

    put two files into your tmp ai4a folder

      appinventor.ai_Gareth_Haylings.mytest.xml - to hold the manifest the buildserver generates each time
      appinventor.ai_Gareth_Haylings.mytest.AndroidManifest.xml - your modified manifest

    then run buildserver-apk.cmd pointing at mytest.zip with your user name

    You should get

    Jan 31, 2013 4:57:50 AM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.Compiler writeAndroidManifest
    INFO: VName: null
    Jan 31, 2013 4:57:50 AM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.Compiler compile
    INFO: tmp manifest file:C:\Users\Gareth\AppData\Local\Temp\ai4a\appinventor.ai_Gareth_Haylings.mytest.xml
    Jan 31, 2013 4:57:50 AM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.Compiler compile
    INFO: my manifest file:C:\Users\Gareth\AppData\Local\Temp\ai4a\appinventor.ai_Gareth_Haylings.mytest.AndroidManifest.xml
    Jan 31, 2013 4:57:50 AM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.Compiler compile
    INFO: replacing with my manifest file:C:\Users\Gareth\AppData\Local\Temp\ai4a\appinventor.ai_Gareth_Haylings.mytest.AndroidManifest.xml
    Jan 31, 2013 4:57:50 AM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.Compiler setProgress
    INFO: The current progress is 20%

    The log lines tmp manifest file ... and my manifest file ... print each run. They record what file names you can use.
    If you get replacing with my manifest file ..., you updated the manifest.

    -----

    and once you have the Android SDK set up
    then run :-) :-) :-)

    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\aapt.exe" list -a ...mytest.apk
    to see the manifest in the apk

    and then run
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe" -d install ...mytest.apk
    to install the app.

    and let us know how it goes :-)

    Gareth Haylings

    Jan 31, 2013, 7:21:46 AM1/31/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    Cheers for the info, will have a go of this as soon as I get home from work and will let you know the result.

    I was so pleased yesterday when I managed to get the APK modifed with the my edited manifest. I would prefer to add the manifest in the ai4a directory than trying to shot the manifest file into the build directory as I did it yesterday.

    With the following command where will it install the APK? I it install it on the connected phone?

    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe" -d install ...mytest.apk
    to install the app.

    Going to do some research about what can be done in the manifest.

    Gary

    Jan 31, 2013, 8:25:51 AM1/31/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    The -d flag specifies that you want to use the attached device (in case you also have an emulator running).

    Gareth Haylings

    Jan 31, 2013, 2:01:18 PM1/31/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    Gary

    All I can say is d man :-)

    Seem to now work. Don't now why it didn't work like this yesterday. Very cool stuff.

    Thank you

    Even tough it worked couldn't see the line in the dosbox you mentioned

    INFO: replacing with my manifest file:C:\Users\Gareth\AppData\Local\Temp\ai4a\appinventor.ai_Gareth_Haylings.mytest.AndroidManifest.xml
    Jan 31, 2013 4:57:50 AM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.Compiler setProgress
    INFO: The current progress is 20%

    I have attached a text file of the dosbox as it compile and a text file of the manifest when I ran it through appt.exe

    Cheers for all the hard work Gary  in getting this working:-)

    Gareth
    dosbox when build.txt
    manifest.txt

    Gary

    Jan 31, 2013, 2:43:48 PM1/31/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    :-)

    On Thursday, January 31, 2013 1:01:18 PM UTC-6, Gareth Haylings wrote:

    Even tough it worked couldn't see the line in the dosbox you mentioned

    INFO: replacing with my manifest file:C:\Users\Gareth\AppData\Local\Temp\ai4a\appinventor.ai_Gareth_Haylings.mytest.AndroidManifest.xml
    Jan 31, 2013 4:57:50 AM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.Compiler setProgress
    INFO: The current progress is 20%

    Your file did not have the start of the build. Can you make the dosbox longer?

    Gareth Haylings

    Jan 31, 2013, 3:41:29 PM1/31/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    Oh I see it now

    Manifest
    INFO: VCode: null
    Jan 31, 2013 8:36:38 PM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.Compiler writeAndroid
    Manifest
    INFO: VName: null
    Jan 31, 2013 8:36:38 PM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.Compiler compile
    INFO: tmp manifest file:C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ai4a\appinventor.ai
    _Gareth_Haylings.mytest.xml
    Jan 31, 2013 8:36:38 PM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.Compiler compile
    INFO: my manifest file:C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ai4a\appinventor.ai_
    Gareth_Haylings.mytest.AndroidManifest.xml
    Jan 31, 2013 8:36:38 PM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.Compiler setProgress
    INFO: The current progress is 20%
    Jan 31, 2013 8:36:38 PM com.google.appinventor.buildserver.Compiler generateClas
    ses
    INFO: source file: C:/Users/GARETH~1/AppData/Local/Temp/1359664581851_0.47360143
    66983683-0/youngandroidproject/../src/appinventor/ai_Gareth_Haylings/mytest/Scre
    en1.yail
    Libraries Classpath, n 0
    Libraries Classpath = C:/Users/GARETH~1/AppData/Local/Temp/kawa90315314374064102
    47.jar;C:/Users/GARETH~1/AppData/Local/Temp/bugsense3.11146392898785216078.jar;C
    :/Users/GARETH~1/AppData/Local/Temp/AndroidRuntime6747783032433515526.jar;C:/Use
    rs/GARETH~1/AppData/Local/Temp/android3098615811797527133.jar

    Gary

    Jan 31, 2013, 7:23:36 PM1/31/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    That is the message that tells you the name of the file you want to set to get the manifest.

    Do you have these two files?

    C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ai4a\appinventor.ai_Gareth_Haylings.mytest.xml
    C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ai4a\appinventor.ai_Gareth_Haylings.mytest.AndroidManifest.xml

    if you do, you should... get this (emphasis added)
    INFO: replacing with my manifest file:C:\Users\GARETH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ai4a\appinventor.ai_Gareth_Haylings.mytest.AndroidManifest.xml

    right before the 20% progress message

    Gary

    Feb 3, 2013, 5:58:54 PM2/3/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/ai4a-configs/files/V1.4.6/

    New version. Tested but not extensively.
    Let me know if you try it.

    Gareth Haylings

    Feb 4, 2013, 4:13:59 AM2/4/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    Great work Gary. Very cool.  Downloading it now and will try in tonight.

    Cheers
    Gareth :-)

    Gary

    Feb 4, 2013, 8:10:48 AM2/4/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    Great

    It is the same code as V1.4.6a.1 but I got a clean version of the source on github. It's what I want to use going forward.

    Gary

    Gary

    Feb 4, 2013, 5:00:58 PM2/4/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    Taifun posted this pointer https://groups.google.com/d/msg/usgsuacwai/vA9eqtVxmb8/Ezd_NKFySgwJ

    The next MIT release, V133, should be February 5, 2013.

    V1.4.6 is set up to work with the new AICompanion. We will have to see if it works right away or if we have to wait till MIT updated things in Google Play.

    LayhorseStrategy BestForWin

    LayhorseStrategy BestForWin

    Feb 5, 2013, 2:50:17 PM2/5/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    version 1.46 installed and working.

    thanks

    gvigliani

    Gary

    Feb 6, 2013, 3:38:08 PM2/6/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    The updated AICompanion works with V1.4.6. You do not have to update the ai4a part.

    :-)

    Gary

    Feb 6, 2013, 5:28:25 PM2/6/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    and

    You can install the AICompanion on a Google TV, but you can not use it...

    I was waiting patiently for MIT to update AICompanion so I could test on Google TV (GTV). It updated, I installed and
    it did not work because they force it into portrait mode.

    sigh

    I am looking forward to testing App Inventor on Google TV. It could be a really nice way to get some apps onto a tv.

    I added modifying the manifest back into the ai4a App Inventor servers so I could play. I was excited to see that the AICompanion manifest has the touchscreen NOT required. And then I find that they decided to force it into portrait mode.

    I guess I get to test with my own version after all...

    Hmmm

    A reason to test the Eclipse changes!!!

    Gary

    Feb 6, 2013, 5:46:08 PM2/6/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    A few minutes with the source and I have it installed on my GTV

    and got

    Device selected: WiFi
    setConnectedToPhone: in eventDispatchThread
    Selecting device WiFi
    DeviceReplCommController (WiFi Connect) looping count = 1
    DeviceReplCommController (WiFi Connect) looping count = 2
    DeviceReplCommController (WiFi Connect) looping count = 3
    DeviceReplCommController (WiFi Connect) looping count = 4
    DeviceReplCommController (WiFi Connect) looping count = 5
    DeviceReplCommController (WiFi Connect) looping count = 6
    DeviceReplCommController (WiFi Connect) looping count = 7
    DeviceReplCommController (WiFi Connect) looping count = 8
    DeviceReplCommController (WiFi Connect) looping count = 9
    DeviceReplCommController (WiFi Connect) looping count = 10
    DeviceReplCommController (WiFi Connect) looping count = 11
    DeviceReplCommController (WiFi Connect) looping count = 12
    Got ipaddr = 192.168.2.9
    It did not work.java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
    at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method)
    at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
    at openblocks.yacodeblocks.DeviceReplCommController$2.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

    Hmmm
    Message has been deleted

    Fabio.C

    Feb 8, 2013, 3:50:14 AM2/8/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com

    Fabio.C

    Feb 8, 2013, 4:01:03 AM2/8/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    Hi Gary

    version 1.46 installed and working but can't build apps bigger that 5Mb as it is written in the notes on sourceforge installation page

    any suggestion?

    Tanks

    Gary

    Feb 8, 2013, 7:52:28 AM2/8/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    Howdy

    On Friday, February 8, 2013 3:01:03 AM UTC-6, Fabio.C wrote:
    Hi Gary

    version 1.46 installed and working but can't build apps bigger that 5Mb as it is written in the notes on sourceforge installation page

    any suggestion?

    Tanks

    I did not test building >5Mb with V1.4.6 yet.

    I looked and the source has the change. I am out for most of the day and may not be able to look into this till after I am back. If you can get me some more info, that would help narrow down the issue.

    What messages do you get when you try to build something bigger than 5Mb?

    Gary

    Taifun

    Feb 8, 2013, 8:39:00 AM2/8/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    version 1.46 installed and working but can't build apps bigger that 5Mb as it is written in the notes on sourceforge installation page
    did you follow the steps how to build bigger apps Gary mentioned here https://groups.google.com/d/topic/usgsuacwai/9uHYHr2AU_8/discussion ?
    Taifun

    Dennis A.

    Feb 8, 2013, 9:11:32 AM2/8/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    Gary,
    ok.. the new MIT release has fixed a bug that I needed..

    (this one:
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/programming-with-app-inventor/Yv7yOBsDl7w
    )

    so now, being the cautious type..  I'm ready to try the personal server on the new release..
    ..any ETA when that might be ready?

    thanks,
    Dennis

    Gary

    Feb 8, 2013, 10:14:27 AM2/8/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    V1.4.6 is the same as what MIT has on github. Get that one https://sourceforge.net/projects/ai4a-configs/files/V1.4.6/

    Let us know how it goes.

    Gary

    Gary

    Feb 8, 2013, 10:17:02 AM2/8/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    There is a script in with the V1.4.6 stuff that should... make it easier to build. You have to edit the .cmd file to point at your project.
    No documentation (my usual) but there is conversation here and in the other ai4a group that can help if the .cmd file is not clear.

    Gary

    Gary

    Feb 8, 2013, 7:03:10 PM2/8/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    I finally got some time and tested and it did not let me build > 5Mb.

    Build failed! Sorry, project was too large to package (5898953 bytes)

    Hmmm. It should have worked, time to see if something changed.

    Gary

    Gary

    Feb 8, 2013, 7:10:08 PM2/8/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    but when I used the script buldserver-apk.cmd it did work.

    Still testing here, can you try the script?

    Gary

    Fabio.C

    Feb 10, 2013, 8:44:34 AM2/10/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    Ok Gary i tested the script buldserver-apk.cmd  and  it did work it has copliled an app about 10 Mb  properly !

    tanks
    Fabio

    Gary

    Feb 10, 2013, 9:04:23 AM2/10/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    :-) :-) :-)

    I am working on putting App Inventor source into Android apps and may leave the current version of the server where it is. We can build and test with App Inventor and then use the new tools to build a >5MB app. I'll have to see how it all works out.

    Thanks for testing.

    Gary

    Dennis A.

    Feb 11, 2013, 6:11:02 PM2/11/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    Gary,
    re "V1.4.6 is current code from MIT with the ai4a changes to run correctly on Windows"

    .. can you elaboate a bit on that (in Red) ?
    Does that mean I can't run the MIT code from their site?

    .. can you explain what the "ai4a changes" are and how they  get applied to the MIT release?

    thanks,
    Dennis

    Gary

    Feb 11, 2013, 7:07:15 PM2/11/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    Good question

    I am making sure that source built with both ai4a and with MIT works on the other.

    The ai4a changes are:

    1. You can build an apk with ai4a on windows. The source MIT releases mostly works on Windows. The ai4a changes work.
    2. You can build an apk that is >5Mb with ai4a.
    3. You can edit the manifest with ai4a.
    You have to set the JAVA_HOME with ai4a, You do not need to with the MIT source, but look at #1 ;-)

    I did some stuff with V1.2/V1.3 that I will follow up with. Things like using the current Android tools and modifying how App Inventor used the emulator. That sort of stuff also does not change how the source 'works' with ai4a or with MIT.

    I wanted to put the manifest into the zip for #3 but that would make the source different, so I went with what we currently have.

    One of the roadblocks (or at least a pothole) with adding AdMob is ai4a would start to differ.

    :-)

    sooo

    The source generated from App Inventor  by MIT's and the ai4a server is the same.

    and

    I get the changes MIT releases for the server and merge them with the ai4a changes. I am still learning how to do that 'smoothly' and it does slow things down. I released V1.4.6 the most current MIT had in their repository. It turned out that V1.4.6 was the same as MIT's V133 (as well as I can tell) but released a bit before they released that version.

    Gary

    Dennis A.

    Feb 11, 2013, 7:49:51 PM2/11/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    so.. what I'm trying to do won't work...

    I've got an "edited" version of 146 based on the MIT version..
    .. if try to splice that into the 146 version I downloaded from you then it won't have those "applied changes"...
    .. is that about right?

    thanks,
    Dennis

    Dennis A.

    Feb 11, 2013, 9:12:27 PM2/11/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    guess I gotta get past the jarsigner error first..
    :-)

    Dennis A.

    Feb 11, 2013, 9:25:49 PM2/11/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    ok.. must be doing something dumb .. there is no jarsigner in my \bin folder..
    (see attached screen capture)

    .. I unzipped the 157 mb file so where it jarsigner supposed to come from if not from the zip?

    thanks,
    Dennis
    noJarSigner.png

    Taifun

    Feb 11, 2013, 9:43:47 PM2/11/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    the jarsigner is in the java sdk
    you have to set JAVA_HOME
    Taifun

    Dennis A.

    Feb 11, 2013, 10:04:12 PM2/11/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    My bad..I must have downloaded the wrong file..
    ..I thought 146 was the turn-key version with everything already in the zip file.

    Dennis

    Gary

    Feb 12, 2013, 7:39:38 AM2/12/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    Everything  after you load the Java JDK :-)

    I did some testing with getting the jarsigner and putting it into the zip but it did not seem like a good idea to get something that is a built in part of Java and adding that to the zip. When OpenJDK is building on Windows, like it does on Linux/Mac, I may look again.

    Are you trying to get rid of the message about a different version?

    Gary

    Dennis A.

    Feb 12, 2013, 9:30:16 AM2/12/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    ?
    .. I went by this post

    I've already had your original personal server up and running since last summer..
    .. didn't think I had to install another Java JDK
    ... are you saying I have to install it again?

    Taifun

    Feb 12, 2013, 9:34:55 AM2/12/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    you have to set JAVA_HOME
    what do you get if you open a command window and type echo %JAVA_HOME%
    more info see here https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/ai4a/JAVA_HOME
    Taifun

    Dennis A.

    Feb 12, 2013, 9:55:52 AM2/12/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    I know the path is not being set..
    echo %JAVA_HOME% === %JAVA_HOME% and nothing more..

    What is  slightly confusing is whether or not I have to install ANOTHER JDK??

    I've already had the personal server up and running for months...it will "build" the app to completion

    so.. is there something about 145 or 146 that requires a NEW JDK to be installed?

    ..thanks... Den

    Dennis A.

    Feb 12, 2013, 11:03:15 AM2/12/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    working now...
    downloaded NEW JDK (64 bit) set the JAVA_HOME to my c;\programs\java..etc
    and then rebooted the PC...
    seems to working now.. with one little odditity...

    I created a BRAND NEW project and the very first thing that popped up was something like
    "This project was saved with a newer version of App Inventor System..we will attempt blah blah"..

    .. rather an odd error for a NEW project??

    thanks all

    now,.. on to part B..
    I have a newer version (well a slightly modified version actually) of 1.4.6 in the original MIT format.
    How can I bring that into the personal server?.
    Gary, do you have to do your magic on it first?..
    .. or can I just replace the folders...?

    Dennis

    Taifun

    Feb 12, 2013, 11:18:31 AM2/12/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    so.. is there something about 145 or 146 that requires a NEW JDK to be installed?
    for Gary's personal server you will need a Java SDK installed
    normally you just install the newest JDK, which is jdk1.7.0_13 currently
    Taifun

    Dennis A.

    Feb 12, 2013, 11:33:34 AM2/12/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    but it's very confusing for someone who has ALREADY been using Gary's server..
    .. I didn't think it was necessary because it's been working fine all along.

    bottom line.. even if you HAVE been using his "old" version,
    you need to install a new JDK if you're going to run 145 or 146..

    thanks..
    Dennis

    Dennis A.

    Feb 12, 2013, 11:56:24 AM2/12/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    another strange little bit...

    uploaded my zip file.. opened the block editor.. fixed the red blocks.. ... download the new apk to computer...works ok!!
    .. installed on the phone (as email attachement) and it works..

    but..
    then.. download the same new app to the connected (via USB) phone..
    .. no errors, says it works.. but it's nowhere to be found on the phone ?
    ... have no clue where it went...

    BTW.. this is a VERY large app.. happy to report 146 compiled a descent working app from it..
    :-)

    also, don't have the fancy progress bar.. (no big deal to me...)
    ... select download to computer, and then next thing I see is that it's downloading...
    .. I'm only reporting in case Gary is keeping a list...

    Dennis

    Gary

    Feb 12, 2013, 1:41:07 PM2/12/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    starting to answer

    watch this video

    Several times if necessary.

    and then I will explain, no there is to much, let me sum up

    V1.4.6 requires a Java JDK to be installed correctly.
    The JAVA_HOME environment has to be set correctly. The Oracle install of a Java JDK does not set it.
    The instructions on how to set JAVA_HOME is in a remark in launch-buildserver.cmd

    You should have the most recent version of Java installed. It fixes some security issues.
    You do not have to but...

    If you have the Java JDK set up, you can unzip V1.4.6.zip and run the two cmd files.

    Or...

    Watch this

    tells you

    The 'documentation' is the readme in the zip and all the conversation here and in the other ai4a group https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!forum/ai4a

    and some on our web site...

    soooo, V1.4.6 requires JAVA_HOME to be set.
    It is a very good idea to have a current Java installed.

    and

    You should not have got a message about the new project being created by a newer version???

    You said

    now,.. on to part B..
    I have a newer version (well a slightly modified version actually) of 1.4.6 in the original MIT format.
    How can I bring that into the personal server?.
    Gary, do you have to do your magic on it first?..
    .. or can I just replace the folders...?

    ?

    and

    I have no idea where it went when you installed over usb. Perhaps it fell out the back of the phone, look on the floor ;-)
    make sure the copy you installed with email is gone and then try installing again. If it still does not show up, we can look at other things.

    AND

    If you are not getting the progress bar, you are not running V1.4.6.

    Mine has this at the bottom
    Built: February 3 2013 Version: v132-16-g0025b7e

    What does yours say?

    and

    It's ok to report things. It is a way to know what others are doing.

    Gary

    Dennis A.

    Feb 12, 2013, 2:06:36 PM2/12/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    well that's a fine howdy-you-do.. :-)
    .. maybe more like "how did I do that.." ..

    unbeknownst to me .. oh what a tangled web I wove..
    ..lol..

    Now, I think I know what's going on.. not sure how to correct it..

    does this look familiar?
    Version: 1+ Id: 0a5b464a3e66

    I know I'm running the new blocks editor..
    .. I have all the new SMS blocks and the new Dialog blocks with the cancel button..

    but somehow.. even though I downloaded 146 and a  new JDK and installed everything in a new folder..
    .. somehow when I localhost:8888 it is running YOUR original version of the personal server for the designer..
    (yes, JAVA_HOME is set)

    Amazingly, it let me upload my old zip code, fix / replace all the outdated blocks.. and then compile everything to a new working app..
    .. that is the old designer and the new block editor..

    Dennis

    Taifun

    Feb 12, 2013, 2:49:36 PM2/12/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    delete the cache of your browser
    Taifun

    Gary

    Feb 12, 2013, 2:52:19 PM2/12/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    :-0

    This is after a reboot?

    At least it sorta makes sense you get the message and no activity bar.

    Hmmm

    What does the java console show?

    Dennis A.

    Feb 12, 2013, 2:53:00 PM2/12/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    .. I'm already splitting my sides.. didn't need that too...

    ok doc.. one last question..
    HOW do I get rid of the original Personal server ?
    (funny thing is, I've always been worried about losing it, and now I can't get rid of it.)

    I tried moving it (to be safe) no joy still runs..
    .. so I backed it to an external HD.. then deleted it from the original location
    ... then reinstalled 146 in yet another folder and then restarted the PC..
    Started the app cmd the build cmd from the new folder and
    .. guess what.. it's still there..
    (new name: it's the "FREDDY" server from ..IIIII)

    the lower right hand still says:
    Version: 1+ Id: 0a5b464a3e66+

    this would be even more funny if I didn't have work to do..
    ,-) ... but I'm still laughing..

    Dennis

    Dennis A.

    Feb 12, 2013, 3:00:39 PM2/12/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    Bingo.. we have a winner...

    using Chrome and it that did it...

    thank you thank you...

    Taifun

    Feb 12, 2013, 3:01:11 PM2/12/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com

    Dennis A.

    Feb 12, 2013, 3:21:40 PM2/12/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    Gary,
    well now that the easy part is out of the way... lol ..

    I've got a modified 146 that I'm itching to install..
    .. can you tell me what I need to do or is that where the "secret sauce" is?

    thanks,
    Dennis

    Gary

    Feb 12, 2013, 5:49:58 PM2/12/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    Why the server is still there is sorta something I can not give a lot of input on.

    Try changing the port and seeing if it works on the new port.

    Look at the task list and see if it is somehow restarting when you reboot.

    There is not that much going on with the servers. You start them and they run.

    You reboot and they should go away.

    Dennis A.

    Feb 12, 2013, 6:18:48 PM2/12/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    Gary,
    Read up a few.. It was the cache and yes it persisted after reboot.
    Emptying the cache fixed it (chrome browser)

    .. see my other question?

    Thank you,
    Dennis

    Gary

    Feb 13, 2013, 7:07:20 AM2/13/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    Woo Hoo

    I would be interested in hearing how the more recent stuff works compared to the older?

    cache you later ;-)

    Gary

    Dennis A.

    Feb 13, 2013, 7:53:59 AM2/13/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    re "compared to the older?"
    The old server was about maximum impulse power .. very adequate.
    (which, compared to a public server, is about minimum impulse power)
    The new server is at least warp 6 !
    ..holy cow, app inventing with large projects is actually fun again.

    Very good Gary.. nice job.!!

    I can document my steps for upgrade but part of the confusion (for me) is that there are already too many documented "must do's" that really do not need to be done.
    ..not sure if I'll add to the confusion but:

    Near as I can understand, the older version of the ai4a got by with the jre (runtime engine) so installing the JDK was unnecessary.
    The new version of ai4a requires the JDK.
    I was trying to force it to use the old jre.. don't do that unless you have a day to waste.

    Bottom line and simply as I can make it:
    1) Download the newest ai4a ... v146 ... (as of yesterday Feb 13, 2012) ..
    (from here>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/ai4a-configs/files/V1.4.6/ ) ...unzip it someplace (remember where)

    2) Download and install the newest JDK to it's preferred default location (7.0_13 as of yesterday Feb 13, 2012)

    3) Use Computer Properties to set the JAVA_HOME (Start-Right Click Computer-Properties-Advanced Settings-Environment Variables-New)
    .. the "new" NAME is JAVA_HOME and the path is where you stalled the JDK
    (looks like this if you installed JDK in the default location: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_13)

    4) EMPTY YOUR BROWSER CACHE (thank you TaiFun!).. restart won't help; you've got to empty it.

    5) use the ai cmd and build cmd to start the servers

    6) browse to localhost:8888 and log in (sometimes the browser says "server not ready".. just try again and it works)
    ... start inventing.

    That is ALL you have to do... all the other old posts about "set this", "set that", "tweak the script files" are UNNECESSARY.
    (which i spent a half day unnecessarily doing ..)

    Thanks Gary and Thanks TaiFun.. and thanks all...

    Dennis

    Les Osborne

    Apr 5, 2013, 8:43:55 PM4/5/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    I want to start with a thank you to TaiFun for pointing me in the direction of this group. I wanted to know if there was a local version of App Inventor available and here I am.
    I would like to ask, is there a way to download apps currently created on the MIT  site to my local install?
    Well time to jump into the deep end and load this puppy.
    Looking forward to reading more.
    Thank you Gary, from one grey haired bearded guy to another.
    Les

    Gary

    February 3, 2013

    Gary

    Apr 6, 2013, 3:11:37 AM4/6/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    Howdy Les

    :-)

    Taifun does a great job getting the word about ai4a out. I appreciate all he does.

    You can go to My Projects and  'Download All Projects'. That will give you a zip file with all the projects that you have on MIT. Open the zip and upload whatever project you want to work with.

    Our grey hair and beards do make us distinguished (extinguished?) looking! I'm growing my hair, seeing if I can bring back the hippie look :-P

    Gary
    ai4a

    Les Osborne

    Taifun

    Apr 8, 2013, 11:00:55 AM4/8/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    what about these instructions https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ai4a/9sjSRRi2CEE/6MYXMwjOiYcJ
    did they not help?
    Taifun

    Gary

    Apr 9, 2013, 3:23:27 AM4/9/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    One of the first computers I would hug was an HP 300 http://hpmuseum.net/display_item.php?hw=116
    late 70s.
    I let my company use it (well, at $38K back in the 70s, I was excited when we got the second dev machine)

    We are redoing the documentation. It is very easy to get it to run, if you read the instructions that you have had pointed out (twice).
    It is VERY FRUSTRATING if it does not go well.

    I do not want you to get frustrated.

    We can get you up
    or you can wait a few days (at most) to get the first cut on the new docs.

    What is better for you?

    Gary

    Les Osborne

    Apr 9, 2013, 3:59:33 PM4/9/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    Looking forward to seeing the new instructions. I thought I had it going until the Blocks editor kept giving me an error that it couldn't find the URL.

    Considering all your work and effort with AI, what's your take on Web Apps? It's nice that they cross platforms but I haven't seen where they can access the phones functionality like texting. Alaways something new to look at out there.
    Les

    Gary

    Apr 9, 2013, 4:51:50 PM4/9/13
    to ai...@googlegroups.com
    :-)

    On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 2:59:33 PM UTC-5, Les Osborne wrote:
    Looking forward to seeing the new instructions. I thought I had it going until the Blocks editor kept giving me an error that it couldn't find the URL.

    I have cleaned up instructions
    and some configurations that are really nice but big and untested.

    so many choices.

    and

    Considering all your work and effort with AI, what's your take on Web Apps? It's nice that they cross platforms but I haven't seen where they can access the phones functionality like texting. Alaways something new to look at out there.

    I think Web Apps are where we should go. I would (mostly) drop App Inventor if it was not so nice to start learning.
    More when I am not trying to get things set up ;-)

    Gary
    It is loading more messages.