running in the background

Gary

Jan 5, 2013, 7:54:32 AM1/5/13
to ai...@googlegroups.com
Pauline asked about getting her app to run in the background here https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ai4a/DaS4GSuaTnM/pshOI9bdEDQJ

I found some info Taifun posted about running as a service. There is an issue here http://code.google.com/p/app-inventor-for-android/issues/detail?id=32 and a thread in the MIT group here https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/programming-with-app-inventor/8IpnXEq-7Ic/discussion that has some info.

It looks like José did some work with the others on the team out of MIT that work with the App Inventor source. I'll defer to those that have actual knowledge

but ;-)

I am working on adding App Inventor source to Android apps. It could be you could take your App Inventor source and drop the jar file you get from my tools into an Android service.
I have not tried that.
My tools are alpha, not ready for prime time.
It would take time and I do not have any to spare.

But, if this sounds like something that would work, let's explore the idea.

Gary