Re: [AllHandsActive] Digest for ahashop@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 1 topic

Gyll Stanford

Mar 15, 2015, 9:42:23 AM3/15/15
to aha...@googlegroups.com
Gentlemen, " Start Your Engines"   Maker Works will be running their Nerdy Derby (With a new name this year) at the big Maker Faire at the Henry Ford July 25, 26 , 2015.  http://www.makerfairedetroit.com/about/
Gyll Stanford

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 3:07 AM, <aha...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Daryl Patrick <dpatr...@gmail.com>: Mar 14 03:57PM -0700

<https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-vUchq9XmDNk/VQSbL3dVbUI/AAAAAAAADLQ/toKeE8P6WoY/s1600/IMG_20150314_155940.jpg>
My kids raced in the Awana Grand Prix (Pinewood Derby) this afternoon.
Both won Grand Champion for their groups (boys & girls). Our average margin
of victory was about .08 seconds. We turned in our fastest time yet at
2.4557 seconds. We raced the cars head to head after the event for in house
bragging rights. The difference at the finish line was about 2 inches (non
timed).
Larry Works <lawrenc...@gmail.com>: Mar 14 07:26PM -0400

Congratulations!

Just one question...in head to head competition, which car was fastest?

Larry

<https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-vUchq9XmDNk/VQSbL3dVbUI/AAAAAAAADLQ/toKeE8P6WoY/s1600/IMG_20150314_155940.jpg>
My kids raced in the Awana Grand Prix (Pinewood Derby) this afternoon.
Both won Grand Champion for their groups (boys & girls). Our average margin
of victory was about .08 seconds. We turned in our fastest time yet at
2.4557 seconds. We raced the cars head to head after the event for in house
bragging rights. The difference at the finish line was about 2 inches (non
timed).

Larry,

Based on the "lap times", my money was on the Gray/purple car. In the end,
the Laser Etched "Faith" car won. I think if I had run them a few times, I
probably would have sorted out that it was nearly a dead heat. After
consulting the oracles, the the pinewood derby gurus said that 2 inches at
the finish line worked out to be 0.010 of a second or less. with an
average of 0.08 second margin of victory either car would have won in
either group. Thanks again, to those that contributed you time and help to
this project. If anybody is racing or will be racing pinewood derby in the
future. I would gladly provide technical support.

DP

On Saturday, March 14, 2015 at 7:26:18 PM UTC-4, Larry Works wrote:

Gyll Stanford

Gyll Stanford, Stanford Enterprises. What I do, is help home owners, improve their living environment, by using a creative Design Build approach, for enhanced home improvement.

I solve problems and fix houses.

Find me at; Home office 734-995-2541

                   Cell phone 734-649-0974

                  Web site StanfordEnterprises.net

                  http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=84061032&trk=tab_pro

Daryl Patrick

Mar 16, 2015, 6:40:33 PM3/16/15
to aha...@googlegroups.com
Gyll, can you send me the racing rules. I think I will try to build a car for this event.

Daryl Patrick