Embedded Systems Position

Zach Wick

Apr 23, 2014, 11:35:39 AM4/23/14
to aha...@googlegroups.com
I work for a small company that makes agricultural and building control
systems (HVAC, electricity consumption monitoring, etc.) here in Ann
Arbor and we have an opening for an embedded developer.

This position is a full-time development position on a small development
team working on an automation system platform. The product is built on
top of an embedded GNU/Linux system, so some familiarity with GNU/Linux
would be preferred. The main application is written in C++. Remote
sensor nodes are microcontroller based and have their firmware written
in C. As this is an embedded system, hardware design and troubleshooting
experience would also be helpful, but is not required.

We are pretty flexible on requirements. If you don't have some of the
experience that we are looking for, but are able to learn as we go
along, that is perfectably acceptable.

This position can be mostly remote, but would require being in an office
in downtown Ann Arbor 1-2 days per week. Employees are also encouraged
to use whatever development environment and machine they so choose,
providing they can set up a cross-compiler (some help on this is
available, but if your preferred machine is something super obscure like
a Sun Sparcstation or a PDP-11, you are on you own.)

If you have any questions, or to apply, please send a resume, cover
letter, and some links to cool things that you have made (Github,
personal site, etc.) to za...@zachwick.com.

signature.asc