Bubble Display Source

Pete Mills

Mar 7, 2017, 8:16:53 AM3/7/17
to The AHA! Shop
For the longest time I wanted to make a project using these cool bubble displays. https://www.sparkfun.com/products/retired/12710

https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/retro-4-digit-led-display

Well, I finally got around to it and had some boards made up for a non-contact tachometer. I have a couple of the bubble displays, but I need 6 more and all the shops seem to not stock them anymore!

Does anybody have some spare bubble displays that they would be willing to sell?

Thanks!
-Pete

Tyler Worman

Mar 7, 2017, 8:57:18 AM3/7/17
to aha...@googlegroups.com
Ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Retro-4-digit-BUBBLE-VINTAGE-rare-red-LED-Display-QDSP6064-NOS-HP-Calculator-/272313468227

Kind of pricey, but unsure what you originally paid. It's a very cool part. It reminds me of old TI/HP calculators from the 80's.

-Pete

Pete Mills

Mar 7, 2017, 9:12:50 AM3/7/17
to aha...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Tyler. I did see that, but was hoping for something less expensive. Less expensive may not be an option! Previously I paid $20 for 5.

Sent from my iPhone
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "The AHA! Shop" group.