Kicad hackathon this weekend (Oct 29-31)

nick ristow

Oct 26, 2016, 12:31:17 PM10/26/16
to ahashop...@googlegroups.com, aha...@googlegroups.com
A hackerspace in Brazil, Garoa Hacker Clube, is hosting a kicad hackathon this weekend.

Official invite on the kicad dev mailing list

Links from the invite

Some info on the hackerspace itself

They will be meeting on freenode at #kicad or #garoa .

Plans are to include a PCB stackup editor, eagle schematic import, svg import, add an object selector and improve the selection filter in the gui.

Tyler Worman

Oct 26, 2016, 3:26:26 PM10/26/16
to aha...@googlegroups.com, ahashop...@googlegroups.com
Nick's going to be streaming it from AHA on Sunday 10/30. You can us at AHA from 12-4pm and lend a hand to Garoa with development of KiCad if you are interested.

Tyler Worman

Oct 26, 2016, 3:28:00 PM10/26/16
to aha...@googlegroups.com, ahashop...@googlegroups.com
Sorry - "Nick is" not "Nick's"

Also wanted to add that if you've done development on KiCad before, please reach out to us. I'd be interested in hearing what you've worked on. I'm going to try to contribute a little this weekend on and off. I'd love to pair up with someone if you were interested.