İlk okunmamış mesaja atla

Brian Morse

okunmadı,
5 Tem 2016 22:30:435.07.2016
alıcı aha...@googlegroups.com
As the subject suggests, I wondered if there are any licensed HAM operators that are involved with AHA.

I am interested in pursuing a license and could use a hand navigating the process.

Thank you!

Brian

--
Sent from my Tardis

Joseph Gothamy

okunmadı,
5 Tem 2016 23:04:565.07.2016
alıcı aha...@googlegroups.com
Try reaching out to Dan Romanchik at the Hands-On Museum: http://www.aahom.org/wa2hom

N Y

okunmadı,
5 Tem 2016 23:21:535.07.2016
alıcı aha...@googlegroups.com

Hi Brian,

There are quite a few AHA hams, myself included!

Dan Romanchik is a great guy and does a lot of educational things around ham radio, and he will be running his "ham cram"/review class for a Technician license on September 17th.  This is where you go over the exam material as a class, right before you take the actual exam.  It's very important to note that you will still need to make the time to do some personal studying beforehand, but fortunately there are online practice exams, and Dan's review guide, to get you started:

- Practice exams: http://aa9pw.com

- Dan's study guides: http://www.kb6nu.com/study-guides/

Dan's students have pretty high success rates; so if you don't mind waiting a bit, and are interested in getting doing that, email Dan at cwg...@kb6nu.com and let him know you'd like to participate.  He'll add you to his email list for September.

If that's too far off, and you are ready to get going ASAP, you can still take the exam on your own.  My suggestion is to use Dan's guide as a reference while taking the practice tests repeatedly until you have a good grasp of the possible questions.  Then once you're ready, head over to the Red Cross (on Packard Rd.) on the second Saturday of the month at 9:00AM.  Some volunteer examiners (VEs) will administer and score your exam.  I believe it's $15, and you'll need to bring a driver license or other valid ID.  Should only take a couple hours, tops.

I (and probably the other AHA hams) would be happy to answer any questions you have during the course of your studies.  Good luck, and enjoy!

-- Nate

KD8WKU

Tyler Worman

okunmadı,
6 Tem 2016 06:21:306.07.2016
alıcı aha...@googlegroups.com

Yep! I'm KD8WKT. I did Dan's class along with Nate. Highly recommend it!

Brian Morse

okunmadı,
6 Tem 2016 07:49:166.07.2016
alıcı aha...@googlegroups.com
Thank you all for the input, I really appreciate it!

I'm in no real hurry to take the exam, so I will wait until September 17 to take the class.  I'm sure I could learn enough from a book, but would prefer to learn more from a knowledgeable instructor.

Brian

--
Sent from my Tardis

Dan Romanchik KB6NU

okunmadı,
6 Tem 2016 08:32:016.07.2016
alıcı aha...@googlegroups.com
The class only teaches you how to pass the test, so honestly, there’s no reason to wait two and a half months to get your license. You’ll learn a lot more by getting a license and doing cool things than you will by sitting in a class with some dopey instructor. Besides, the class only teaches you how to pass the test.

There’s a test session this Saturday morning. If you put some time into it, I bet you’d learn enough in the next couple of days to pass the test.

73!

Dan KB6NU
CW Geek, Ham Radio Instructor
Author of the "No Nonsense" amateur radio license study guides
Read my ham radio blog at http://www.kb6nu.com
Tümünü yanıtla
Yazarı yanıtla
Yönlendir