Restoration help on 1920s flashlight?

Tim Brooks

Apr 20, 2018, 2:25:02 PM4/20/18
to The AHA! Shop
Hello,

My name is Tim Brooks, and I have inherited a very old flashlight from my grandfather, an EverReady 1927 #2697 L shaped Boy Scout model.  Unfortunately, it is quite rusted inside, as well as potential wiring issues, so I'm not sure that it's a project that I could undertake on my own. I was directed to your organization by a friend, in hopes of potentially getting assistance in restoring it, with an end goal of having light shine through once again. I currently live in Muncie, IN, about 3 hours away, and have once visited the makerspace in Ann Arbor before, and was encouraged to post here. My hopes are to find someone either to work with, or to work on the flashlight, after some discussion with said person, and perhaps some compensation if deemed appropriate. I have linked an album below with several photos of the flashlight in its current state. I am able to provide additional pictures upon request. I apologize if this is a repeat post, I submitted one earlier today, but do not see it in the list.

Thanks in advance,

Tim Brooks