making VDG this weekend

Chad Childers

Jun 24, 2016, 11:06:07 AM6/24/16
to The AHA! Shop
Tried sending this to allhandsa...@gmail.com yesterday, didn't get an answer, thought I'd check here....

My son (who is 8) and I are building a Van de Graaff generator for Hak4kidz, got to the point where I need to cut a hole in a rimless steel salad bowl... I don't have appropriate cutting tools and my wife would rather have us out of the house anyway.

Is this something reasonable that I can do tonight/tomorrow during public hours at AHA?

Can I get help with cutting tool (not wait a week to get certified on the tool), find a bench space to work?

Bonus would be if there are people around I know from fandom or YAAARC (like Paul Haas or Neal Probert), friendly folks that are interested in kibitzing as we debug.

I expect to pay for consumables, tell me if I need a membership to do this, tell me if you think MakerWorks, i3Detroit, or somewhere else would make more sense.

Regards,

Chad