ProAc Speaker repair??

Janna K

Apr 10, 2016, 11:21:06 AM4/10/16
to The AHA! Shop
Is this the right spot to post this?

My husband has a ProAc speaker that need repair. He planned to use Harve's Electronics in town (http://www.harves.tv/) for the repair but they seem to be semi-closed and not taking on new repairs. My husband is sort of 'particular' about his speakers - they're "high-end" so he's protective of them. He trusted Harve's to do it because of their knowledge and reputation. I think it's probably a relatively simple repair - maybe a couple of solder points. I was wondering if we could hire someone out there in maker-world who has experience with speakers. Please contact me or feel free to pass this on to any audio aficionado friends with repair skills.

Thanks!

Nathan Dotz

Apr 10, 2016, 4:43:54 PM4/10/16
to aha...@googlegroups.com
If he's particular about his speakers, I bet 2 minutes talking to Frank Bartson of Ann Arbor Amplifier out by Briarwood Wall will make him feel like he's in good hands. He normally troubleshoot amps, effects pedals and soundboards, but he might do speakers too, especially if the problem is electrical. I'd give him a buzz. http://www.annarboramplifier.com/