Re: monadic transactions

William la Forge

Jun 10, 2015, 12:58:24 PM6/10/15
to AgileWikiDevelopers
Oh no,  wait. I'm already doing that. I just wasn't calling it monadic.

It was easy since the entire database is an immutable structure. I just don't u[pdate the reference and write the data until the transaction is done.

Bill La Forge CTO

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 12:56 PM, William la Forge <lafo...@gmail.com> wrote:
One complication with a transactional database is recovering from a transaction which has failed while being applied to the database. Using monads for transactions would solve this, making it very very fast to undo the incomplete transaction, since it was never actually applied. :D

Bill La Forge CTO

William la Forge

Jun 10, 2015, 12:56:14 PM6/10/15
to AgileWikiDevelopers