hurry up!

1 view

Raoul Duke

Mar 16, 2015, 6:00:46 PM3/16/15
to AgileWikiDevelopers

William la Forge

Mar 16, 2015, 7:28:54 PM3/16/15
to AgileWikiDevelopers
I am reading this article and thinking that Google seems to handle large scale distributed computing (1M+) quite well. Not sure how this differs from having a 1000+ core simulation except that Google has spent extra effort making sure that their applications work.

I especially like Google's spanner, which is a global-scale database. But then, it is written from scratch rather than being an adaptation. :-)

Bill La Forge CTO

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 6:00 PM, Raoul Duke <rao...@gmail.com> wrote:
http://highscalability.com/blog/2015/3/12/paper-staring-into-the-abyss-an-evaluation-of-concurrency-co.html

:-)

Raoul Duke

Mar 16, 2015, 7:33:42 PM3/16/15
to AgileWikiDevelopers
yeah, I don't know enough to even wonder such things :-)