New meetup agenda

Stanly Lau

Jan 1, 2012, 10:28:11 AM1/1/12
to agilesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Happy 2012!

As I have mentioned last time that we'll have a new meet-up agenda this year, I like to describe it here so that you can anticipate it a bit.

The new agenda will still remain as 2 sections.

*First section*
Instead of just having one talk, there will be at least 2 or more talks running concurrently. Those talks will be of different tracks - see this link - and at least one of it will always be "Development Practices and Craftsmanship". The tracks are shamelessly copied and simplified from http://agile2012.agilealliance.org/program. I've been to the annual Agile Conference twice and found their tracks cover a good range of themes that gives more focus and depth for the speakers and participants.

How do we get speakers then? I will invite speakers to this planning spreadsheet with edit access so that they could indicate their talk for present/future ones.

*Second section*
Instead of Open Space, we'll have something similar but less formal called Open Jam (also an idea from the Agile Conference). It is a place to share ideas, questions, talk with practitioners and demonstrate development practices. Anyone can start a session at this space and it doesn't need to be formal. We'll put up a visual board so that the initiators can post their topics and everyone knows what is happening when and where.

What do you feel about this new agenda? Suggestions and comments are welcome!

We'll try this on January and see how it goes. =)

Stanly