Nashville Agile User Group Meeting - Monday September 10th @ 12 Noon @ Vaco

TommyNorman

Sep 5, 2012, 10:35:11 AM9/5/12
to agilena...@googlegroups.com
Nashville Agile User Group Meeting

When: Sept 10th 12:00 PM
Where: Vaco Offices, 5410 Maryland Way, Suite 410, Brentwood, TN
37027

Discussion Topic:"How do you deal with technical user stories on the backlog?"

A good deal of Agile/Scrum thought leaders tell you not to put technical stories on your backlog. And then some say it's okay. So who's right? We want each story to provide value, but sometimes there is tangible internal value to the company in technical items. How to we convey that value so that the Product Owner can prioritize these stories with the other customer focused stories? What about technical debt? If you have ever asked yourself one of these questions (or better yet, answered them), come join the conversation.
(but it is not required).

Please spread the word to people who are using an Agile
process currently, and those who are interested in learning more.
This meeting is an open discussion so anyone can join in and share
their experiences. Pizza and drinks will be provided and attendance
is FREE thanks to our sponsor Vaco ( http://www.vaco.com/nashville).

Ed Jones

Sep 5, 2012, 3:50:02 PM9/5/12
to agilena...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tommy,

Is there a remote option for this meeting?  I thought I saw where the Agile UG was doing this at one point but I could be thinking of another UG.

Thanks,

Ed Jones

TommyNorman

Sep 9, 2012, 10:00:24 PM9/9/12
to agilena...@googlegroups.com
Not yet, Ed. I will see if we can get a sponsor to let us use a conference call number so we can open up the discussion.

Chris Spintzyk

Sep 9, 2012, 11:08:54 PM9/9/12
to agilena...@googlegroups.com
Use free conference call.com and just send out the access code.

We use it for our conference calls at Synergy.

Chris "Spinman" Spintzyk
Synergy Systems,LLC

Excuse the brevity. Sent from my iPhone

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/agilenashville/-/Z5cPmvThWLAJ.