Proposed text: Scrum Core Principles

Peter Stevens

Oct 31, 2013, 4:10:11 AM10/31/13
to agile...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ron,

As requested, a paragraph on Inspect and Adapt of Scrum. It doesn't need
much!

Best,

Peter

Core Principles

The essence of Scrum can be summed up in two words: Inspect and Adapt.
Scrum defines a minimalistic set of roles, activities, artifacts and
agreements. Applied together, they ensure that inspection and adaption
can occur regularly and effectively.

Peter Stevens

Oct 31, 2013, 4:48:15 AM10/31/13
to agile...@googlegroups.com
Oops! That was "Inspect and adapt *in* Scrum". Freudian slip ;-)

Best,
Peter

Ron Jeffries

Oct 31, 2013, 7:19:35 AM10/31/13
to agile...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

On Oct 31, 2013, at 4:10 AM, Peter Stevens <pete...@gmail.com> wrote:

As requested, a paragraph on Inspect and Adapt of Scrum. It doesn't need
much!

I’ve lost the context for this. Hook me back up please?

Ron Jeffries
Yin and Yang I figure.
  -- Tom Jeffries

Peter Stevens

Oct 31, 2013, 7:26:08 AM10/31/13
to agile...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ron,

We had emailed on the TCC list a week or two ago about the lack of emphasis on Inspect and Adapt in the core scrum document. You asked me to write some text. So I did.

Best,
Peter

--
You are in this forum as a guest. Please govern yourself accordingly.
---

Ron Jeffries

Oct 31, 2013, 7:41:06 AM10/31/13
to agile...@googlegroups.com
Ah,
I said “write an article, we’ll publish it”. I’m sorry I wasn’t clear: we cannot update the Core. When next it is updated, a committee will be formed to do it.
Sorry for the confusion. Another 1000 words, though, and you’ve got an article!

On Oct 31, 2013, at 7:26 AM, Peter Stevens <pete...@gmail.com> wrote:

We had emailed on the TCC list a week or two ago about the lack of emphasis on Inspect and Adapt in the core scrum document. You asked me to write some text. So I did.

Ron Jeffries
I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.  -- Jessica Rabbit

Peter Stevens

Oct 31, 2013, 7:49:37 AM10/31/13
to agile...@googlegroups.com
lol,