Core Scrum Update?

Ron Jeffries

Dec 19, 2013, 10:44:54 AM12/19/13
to ScrumTCC@googlegroups.com Community, agile...@googlegroups.com, Carol McEwan
All,

There is a new Scrum Guide, as you know. There is an effort underway to review the CSM test questions, as you know.

You may not know that there is at least one "discrepancy" between the Core Page and (some version of) the Guide, in the matter of the Sprint Review time box and (perhaps?) who attends the Sprint Review.

The agreed plan for updating the Core is to form a small group to do it. They will figure out the content, and will also propose an approval process. (My personal hope is that the approval criteria this time are not "no one objects to using it".) The last guidance that I had from Carol was that Chet and I should be in that group for continuity, and not "in charge" of the content or results. It is considered important for this group to meet physically at least once, and to spend a significant part of a couple of days on this before separating.

I'm interested in opinions, volunteers, and suggestions. Is it time to do an update? Who would you recommend for this small group? Would you like to be considered for this group?
Don't ignore your dreams; don't work too much; say what you think; cultivate friendships; be happy. -- Paul Graham

Nigel Baker

Dec 19, 2013, 11:10:24 AM12/19/13
to Scru...@googlegroups.com, ScrumTCC@googlegroups.com Community, agile...@googlegroups.com, Carol McEwan, ronje...@acm.org
I'd volunteer depending on location and timing.

Nigel

Ron Jeffries

Dec 19, 2013, 11:28:16 AM12/19/13
to agile...@googlegroups.com, ScrumTCC@googlegroups.com Community
I'm adding you, and other volunteers, to a list from which victims will be selected by some process which all will surely despise.
Thanks,

On Dec 19, 2013, at 11:10 AM, Nigel Baker <ni...@agilebear.com> wrote:

I'd volunteer depending on location and timing.

Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing. -- Kimi Raikkonen

iain.mckenna

Dec 19, 2013, 11:40:58 AM12/19/13
to Scru...@googlegroups.com, agile...@googlegroups.com, ScrumTCC@googlegroups.com Community, ronje...@acm.org
Please add me in too Ron - I love to be a victim :)

Ron Jeffries

Dec 19, 2013, 11:41:38 AM12/19/13
to agile...@googlegroups.com, Scru...@googlegroups.com
OK, will do. Last group reply but I will add all volunteers. :)

On Dec 19, 2013, at 11:40 AM, iain.mckenna <iain.m...@project-success.co.uk> wrote:

Please add me in too Ron - I love to be a victim :)

Ron Jeffries

Tushar Somaiya

Dec 19, 2013, 11:49:13 AM12/19/13
to agile...@googlegroups.com